cheap tube cd players

bigpetejones

----------------

On 9/3/2004 2:58:55 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

SETI,

BTW, went out and looked at those two 4000's on Audiogon. If that's what you want, jump on it. It is unusual to see two really nice units for sale at the same time. They aren't out there every week.

----------------

AH! DAMM!

I just bought a house and am very poor 6.gif . I need a couple months to regroup before I can spend money on audiogon. It's been really hard to stay off AG especially $775obo for an AH!4000.

All I need to complete my system is a better cdp and a phonostage.

ARG!

I've felt like getting a sign that says "need more audio gear and beer" and sitting on the offramp of the freeway 8.gif

Guest Anonymous

I am using the Eastern Electric Minimax right now, and I gotta tell you, this thing is INCREDIBLE, plus I can get you an UNBELIEVABLE deal. Check out the rave reviews, not one ounce of digitis here, smooth, great sounstage, with a REAL tube output, not buffered, PLUS it plays HDCD too2.gif3.gif9.gif This thing will put a big ol smile on your face....I have compared to 4k units. Is it better, NO, but close...plus its more forgiving and more listenable...check it out!!!12.gif

----------------

On 9/3/2004 3:36:21 PM smilin wrote:

I am using the Eastern Electric Minimax right now, and I gotta tell you, this thing is INCREDIBLE, plus I can get you an UNBELIEVABLE deal. Check out the rave reviews, not one ounce of digitis here, smooth, great sounstage, with a REAL tube output, not buffered, PLUS it plays HDCD too
2.gif3.gif9.gif
This thing will put a big ol smile on your face....I have compared to 4k units. Is it better, NO, but close...plus its more forgiving and more listenable...check it out!!!
12.gif

----------------

Smilin,

Interesting. I'd like to hear one of these. The Audioreview.com site has a few reviewers that are quite taken with this unit. There isn't alot about them on the web, though. What kind of deal can you get on them? They look to be over a grand.

Seti,

That's a good reason to be poor! Better than using the AH! to hold up a tent pole!

Seti,

That's a good reason to be poor! Better than using the AH! to hold up a tent pole!

----------------

True but i wonder what kind of room treatments i would need to get my belles to sound good in a tent/box. I moved in behind midtown and juanitas 6.gif live music everyweekend and don't have to pay just sit on back porch lol....I'm not sure who played last night but it was pretty bad.

Guest Anonymous

<

Smilin,

Interesting. I'd like to hear one of these. The Audioreview.com site has a few reviewers that are quite taken with this unit. There isn't alot about them on the web, though. What kind of deal can you get on them? They look to be over a grand.

Email me, I can talk to the importer for you to get the BEST price, probably with a 30 day home trial....this unit really gives different music with each set of tubes you roll, it is cool, especially for the money. Is it as good as my modded players? NO, but it cost 1/3rd of the money, and yes, it is MUSICAL as all get out...no digititis here baby[img src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'> 3.gif

----------------

On 9/4/2004 12:40:19 PM smilin wrote:

<

Smilin,

Email me, I can talk to the importer for you to get the BEST price, probably with a 30 day home trial....this unit really gives different music with each set of tubes you roll, it is cool, especially for the money. Is it as good as my modded players? NO, but it cost 1/3rd of the money, and yes, it is MUSICAL as all get out...no digititis here baby[img src='http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'>
3.gif

----------------

Smilin, Thanks for your availability to put my in touch with the importer. I'm just curious, and not actually in the market. You could bring it over to my house sometime, though!

9.gif