HK7200, RF Speakers and 12 gauge wire????

MPNX2

My setup is as follows. An HK AVR7200 that will be powering an RC35,RF35's and RS/RB35's for surrounds. The manual for my 7200 says to use 14 gauge wire or smaller for the speaker wire runs. I have read that a lot of people use and suggest 12 gauge wire. I expect delivery of my speakers Monday (I already hace the RC35) and I am wondering if the 12 gauge speaker wire I bought is ok to use. Will it make a difference in sound quality if I were to switch for 12ga to 14ga if it was the same cable and the same length??? Man what confusion....

The lenght of my runs for the front stage is only 16ft. But when I add the surrounds I would like to keep all the lenghts the same so I will have to incrase it to about 30ft or so..... So there is not a problem running the 12ga wire even thought the manual states 14ga.....

Thanks for the help guys! m00n I was hoping you would respond because I knew that you had the same receiver that I do. Thanks for your input. If I dont need to keep all the lenghts the same that will save me some money on the cable. I cant wait for Monday.....I dont say that too often..LOL

----------------

On 3/20/2004 5:39:04 PM michael hurd wrote:

There is no need to keep the lengths the same, just be sure to leave a couple of extra feet to all your runs, so you can move speakers around a bit.

----------------

I second that, just replaced whole system's cable few days ago. The left and the right don't have the same length either, they still sound the same volume to me 9.gif . Just make them to be fit and neat 9.gif