I need two 12' Woofers for Forte II's

ohknats

Yea I bought them off ebay...and I dont know if he tried to pull the wool over my eyes or what. But when I got them home, we meet in a mutual location. But when I got them home I took the front cover off and noticed that the front woofers didnt look right. So I called him back imediately and he said he never replaced the woofers. So I hooked them up and no bass what so ever. I took one of the woofers off and it was a realistic speaker. So now what, Any suggestions?

ohknats

Boy the forte II's are going up in price. After reading the auction, he bought them new plus he listed the specs right off of the klipsch website. So, they SHOULD have all original parts if he never replaced. For the amount spent, dont let him off the hook!

Well Klipsch comes thru again...it seems that they are going to specially make these for me which is awesome. So if any of you need to update your original speakers klipsch will just pull the old molds from the shelves and make a special order for you. At at cost of $127.01 each. Free ground shipping! Not bad. But I will seek reimbursement to say the least. So if and when I get reimbursed I will have new woofers and almost a brand new pair of Forte II's. Woot, Woot!

thanks for all you post and concerns!

ohknats

No doubt! I would have the seller purchase the original drivers for them from Klipsch. He had to have known that they were not original since he has had them since '89. If he checked them he would have immediately known that the woofers were not functioning unless he is deaf. At $730 for the pair I would be pissed! The guy has flawless feedback and I suggest if he plans to keep it that way he better due good by you and quickly. I just bought a La Scala top section touted as working and no issues, when I got it the K-55M midrange driver was missing I called them immediately and they are going to reimburse my money and let me keep the top section since it is going to cost me more than I paid to buy the K-55M even a used one. Hope you can get this resolved without too much trouble.