2 Channel or H/T(BOTH) it doesnt matter to me

Jim Cornell

I dont really understand why we are being separated from 2 channel, to H/T to ETC, we all own Klipsch and the purpose of this forum is to talk about, and enjoy our soundsystems weather its 2 channel or H/T.

Ive done almost everything there is to be done, tubes, cornwalls, Klipschorns,Heresys, Chorus, Kg 5.5s, KG4s, KLF-C7, Academy,ETC, and to me they didnt really sound much better connected to several components, the tubes were about the same sound as my pioneer SX 950, only my power bill went up $45.00.

I even have a turntable today with a brand new Grado blue on it, sitting in my closet, my H/T doesnt have a phono input, so ill use it for 2 channel.

I have 1 H/T fully heritage, and 2 other 2 channel systems here.

I enjoy music, and i myself dont care which system i use to listen to it on.

Heresys on 2 channel by themselves sound remarkable, along with every other Klipsch speaker i own.

I even like the sound of the Kg2, youd be surprised.

So the comparisons here, as far as speakers isnt the issue, its more the components, driving them.

Mods on speakers, is the owners own ears have fun.

Just keep the original parts.

2 channel is the original way to go, it took me a long time to even start to enjoy the H/T thing.

This is my 3rd setup.

2 channel, well ive always had one.

When im on the forum, i go into every thread, and read the new topics on that thread, and replies as well.

Anymore im into working on my FWDs, getting close to my children coming home, and working.

I dont even listen to my systems much anymore, so enjoy it, while you can, there might be a time you wont.

Regards Jim

9.gif

Very true,.,, Life is so much more important with your own spouce, kids, family, and close friends. Especially more than a flame war with others on here.

Some of us have very serious rooms for 2 channel and HT too. Even more crazy, some of us use Klipsch for Karaoke too. (La Scala pro models rock!!)

The key is, we all can and for the most part should, try to get along and pass on what we have learned too. This "Gathering of the faithfull" makes the Indy Klipschfest II trip this summer even more important. I personally love to visit with other people and share ideas and eachothers love for Klipsch audio too!

What else can I do after 3 am when my newborn son who is one month old and is in my arms as I am feeding him his bottle? Now I am wide awake! Sorry, infomercials just do not do it for me. LOL.

Worse comes to worse...maybe we can rent those really big fat sumo suits...to wear this summer here at Klipschfest II and let the angry go after eachother. Heck we could raise $$ for charity too betting on the outcome?

Like incredible nature photographer Ansel Adams (who never mastered black and white well enough to move onto color), I will graduate to 6, 7 and even 10 channel when I get two-channel down right (getting close, just a few more purchases, that will take several years). Besides I have an open end room, so there is no place for rear loudspeakers.

Take heart... photography has gone digital... and the essence of digital photography is the black and white underpinnings that are revealed when you strip the color information away. Not mastering black and white is a sure way not to master digital color.

And take an extra helping heart... an open ended room can have "true" sound in "false" corners hugging rear Khorns.

Hmm, six Klipschorns in one room carefully cornered room... and the lure of a totally tubular "Colin-ization"... life IS great! -HornEd

You're right, Jim. Life is way too short to be arguing over such piddly things as SET vs PP vs SS, or whether Reference is better over Heritage, etc. Just stop, sit back, relax, and enjoy the music or a good movie. Sure, we can have colorful debates (they're always entertaining), but when it starts getting personal with all the name-calling...well, you see what happens!

Hmmm, I enjoy conflict, I like arguements and disagreements. I feel good when I'm getting into it with someone, using my wits, inventing new arguements, twisting words and thoughts. Arguement is a form of entertainment and a stimulating one with the proper opponents.

It's nice to get along with folks too but I'm not gonna pretend I agree with someone when I don't just in the interest of harmony, not usually anyway.

Of course one can argue while being civil.

This is *exactly* the place to argue over amps, speakers, vinyl versus CD et cetera. Who the heck else cares in the world about such things?

If you love records and hate CDs, and somebody posts about how much better CDs are and records are crap, are you supposed to just say, "Thank you for sharing that with us. I will carefully consider your points" ? BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRING. That doesn't mean you have to call each other vile names or whatever. But there is nothing wrong with strong advocacy for your point of view. This ain't Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

----------------

On 3/21/2004 10:03:06 AM jt1stcav wrote:

..."Sure, we can have colorful debates (they're always entertaining), but when it starts getting personal with all the name-calling...well, you see what happens!"

----------------

I thought that's what I said...maybe I should've been more specific:

"Life is way too short to be arguing over such piddly things as SET vs PP vs SS, or whether Reference is better over Heritage, when the disagreements start getting nasty and name-calling ensues. Debating on these issues can be a great learning device (and even fun), but in the entire scheme of things, it's not that important when insults are flung at eachother to the point of outright hatred! Just stop, sit back, relax, and enjoy the music or a good movie."

Hey, I never said I was the brightest bulb in the lot!3.gif

----------------

On 3/21/2004 11:31:11 AM paulparrot wrote:

This is *exactly* the place to argue over amps, speakers, vinyl versus CD et cetera. Who the heck else cares in the world about such things?

If you love records and hate CDs, and somebody posts about how much better CDs are and records are crap, are you supposed to just say, "Thank you for sharing that with us. I will carefully consider your points" ? BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRING. That doesn't mean you have to call each other vile names or whatever. But there is nothing wrong with strong advocacy for your point of view. This ain't Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

----------------

That is the best point I've heard yet. Being audio enthusiasts or audiophiles, we are such a distinct minority. Who the hell else DOES care? This is one of the only places where people can discuss wavelength frequencies or subsonic regions or watt/amp equations and not be considered the biggest geek since Rick Moranis.

Being an audiophile is a very lonely world to us. I can not just go out and discuss any audio with people. Sure i can if im at Second sound in Denver, or soundtrack, if im in the proscess of spending $1000.00, or a pawn shop, i can talk audio a lot when im buying.

But this day and age, the audiophiles are a vintage group, not recognized like we were in the 70s.

I dont see rack systems anymore, there gone, mostly all i see anymore at peoples houses, is the all in one boom box, or nitendo, and X-box.

Most people i still meet still dont know what Klipsch are.

People come over my house and consider me a freak, teenagers are blown away on how much audio i have, i wish they could of seen the 70s.

I have a RCA 5.1 H/T, all heritage, its all the reciever i need.

I like to listen to music in the theater 2 mode so my TSCM center is used along with my earthquake sub, i also fully enjoy my cornwalls 2 channel, or any other klipsch 2 channel.

I like the forum, i feel like im in the 70s again, this is the only place ive found yet, that has the audio interest im looking for, i caint just go out and find it anywhere else.

But serously ive hooked my Klipschorns up to several components including a $800.00 tube amp, and i enjoyed them the same as a SS amp.

Ill go back into a nicer components after my children grow up. Ill keep using my H/K 430, and 730, and RCA till that time comes.

Everone here is my freind, you are all welcome over anytime.

If i do anything else i think ill save another vintage set of Klipsch, i love to restore them to new condition.

Dean congrats on your K-horns, enjoy them.

This forum is a very rare world lets enjoy it.

Regards Jim

9.gif

I watched "Misssing" with Kate Blnchet and Tommy Leee Jones last night.

An interesting twist on a Western Movie theme.

It was more fun as watching the NCAA B Ball tourney in HDTV this week. HT is very nice for recreation. Movies sound better at home than the theater.

I really have the passion for 2 Channel though!

Agonizing over setup(speaker placement, delay, balaning SPL and sub location) on the HT 5.1 system does not interest me.

In 2 channel I can play with distance to wall and toe in for a week.

+++++++++++++

But there is nothing wrong with strong advocacy for your point of view. This ain't Mister Rogers' Neighborhood.

+++++++++++++

I agree with Brennan and Parrot.

The world is not Mr. Roger's neiborhood.

Also if poorly based assertions from a forum member that goes unchallenged , gets a "NEWBIE" to waste money and turn away from Klipsch; the forum fails in purpose.

I look at the forum as the world wide debate or forensics setting. I wrote editorials for the school newspaper for 2 years; it is a part of my character to challenge others to expolore ideas.

A forum memeber should have a 10 question profile to answer. Then we would know who was SS, PP and SET.

It would be unfortunate for a hard rock person to buy SET for his RF-3; it most likely would not insure customer satisfaction.

----------------

On 3/21/2004 11:19:42 AM TBrennan wrote:

Hmmm, I enjoy conflict, I like arguements and disagreements. I feel good when I'm getting into it with someone, using my wits, inventing new arguements, twisting words and thoughts. Arguement is a form of entertainment and a stimulating one with the proper opponents.

It's nice to get along with folks too but I'm not gonna pretend I agree with someone when I don't just in the interest of harmony, not usually anyway.

Of course one can argue while being civil.

----------------

Unless of coarse you do not have a keyboard to hide behind Heh 2.gif

Audio ive always felt the same way between H/T and 2 channel.

It did take me 3 setups before i got used to it.

So i just have both, and do enjoy it all.

Ill have to wait for sometime, till we get a bigger place before i enjoy my klipschorns fully, time will come.

There is nothing nicer than a high end component H/T or 2 channel, and nothing wrong with having both, or at the same time.

I myself never could afford to go high tech, but its ok, im fine.

Getting the Klipschorns, and what i have was hard enough on me.

I think very highly about everyone here, 2 channel, home theater, odds and mods it doesnt matter your all my freinds.

And i do listen to 1 or the other, as much as i can.

Regards Jim

9.gif

----------------

On 3/21/2004 2:19:36 PM Jim Cornell wrote:

Being an audiophile is a very lonely world to us. I can not just go out and discuss any audio with people. Sure i can if im at Second sound in Denver, or soundtrack, if im in the proscess of spending $1000.00, or a pawn shop, i can talk audio a lot when im buying.

But this day and age, the audiophiles are a vintage group, not recognized like we were in the 70s.

I dont see rack systems anymore, there gone, mostly all i see anymore at peoples houses, is the all in one boom box, or nitendo, and X-box.

Most people i still meet still dont know what Klipsch are.

People come over my house and consider me a freak, teenagers are blown away on how much audio i have, i wish they could of seen the 70s.

I have a RCA 5.1 H/T, all heritage, its all the reciever i need.

I like to listen to music in the theater 2 mode so my TSCM center is used along with my earthquake sub, i also fully enjoy my cornwalls 2 channel, or any other klipsch 2 channel.

I like the forum, i feel like im in the 70s again, this is the only place ive found yet, that has the audio interest im looking for, i caint just go out and find it anywhere else.

But serously ive hooked my Klipschorns up to several components including a $800.00 tube amp, and i enjoyed them the same as a SS amp.

Ill go back into a nicer components after my children grow up. Ill keep using my H/K 430, and 730, and RCA till that time comes.

Everone here is my freind, you are all welcome over anytime.

If i do anything else i think ill save another vintage set of Klipsch, i love to restore them to new condition.

Dean congrats on your K-horns, enjoy them.

This forum is a very rare world lets enjoy it.

Regards Jim

----------------

We are a dying breed anymore, especially us 2-channel stereo lovers! I'm very fortunant that my two younger brothers (who also live with me in our parent's old house) love audio as much as I do. My youngest bro has a kick-*** stereo system that's been configured into an equally kick-*** HT...and my other brother just became a new owner of a pair of mint '94 Klipsch KG 3.2 horn speakers for his audio system (with a '99 KSC-C1 center channel, and some Klipsch still to be determined for the surrounds). And he just purchased a new Dared VP-16 6V6/6SL7 integrated tube amp for his stereo setup that sounds marvelous with his KG 3.2s! Most of our friends think we're all nuts to have two HT rigs and three 2-channel audio systems under one roof...I say we can't have enough (even my ProMedia 2.1 PC system that I'm listening to right now sounds better than most generic consumer systems at Best Buy or Circuit City)!

This Klipsch Forum is responsible for me better appreciating my vintage Cornwalls, introducing me to my ProMedias, and getting me into SET tube components. My constant talk about this Forum (and perfecting the sound of my Cornwalls) has sparked an interest in my brother when he bought his first tube amp last year (a JoLida JD 202a), and now his Klipsch KG 3.2 and KSC-C1, and his new Dared VP-16 tube amp for his system. If it wasn't for the Klipsch Forums, I may not have known any better and sold the Cornwalls years ago, and we'd still be struggling along wondering aimlessly, wondering what audio direction to go into next! These Klipsch Forums are our very existence for being what and who we are as audiophiles, and I'd hate to see it go away due to abuse.

As Jim says, ..."let's enjoy it!"12.gif