Softest member?

Colin

----------------

On 3/22/2004 11:22:16 PM nicholtl wrote:

Hehe, no debt. I'm lucky because my grandfather was in real estate in hawaii, and so I in part own several plots of land where office buildings are situated and simply sit back and collect. I thank my lucky stars everyday for that.
----------------

I know a few people that have 'made it' off of real estate. Lucky you 2.gif

As for your sig, if you go into 'My Profile', you can tweak it in there. If anything, redo it in Word (copy/paste fine), and paste it back in the box, and it should be fine. Be careful of un-needed spaces after words, or extra strokes of the enter key.

Hmm, I tried both but it doesn't seem to work. Seems like Klipsch made it so even if I insert a space, it just lumps it together anyhow. I even tried using their "break" symbol "{BR}" (actually square parenthesis) but that doesn't work either. Damn, this really sucks a fat one.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one female reply.

I guess, my husband is the actual audiophile. I just tag along for enjoyment. And yes, sometimes I can't work the remote. I can manage to handle hooking up a few things on my own...it just takes me a lot longer than my husband...but the wires are MUCH neater if I get a hold of them. That's a pet peave...messy wires. I like having things sound good. I may enjoy showing off just a little bit too. 11.gif15.gif

• Like 1

----------------

On 4/2/2004 5:10:00 PM georgie wrote:

Here's one female reply.

I guess, my husband is the actual audiophile. I just tag along for enjoyment. And yes, sometimes I can't work the remote. I can manage to handle hooking up a few things on my own...it just takes me a lot longer than my husband...but the wires are MUCH neater if I get a hold of them. That's a pet peave...messy wires. I like having things sound good. I may enjoy showing off just a little bit too.
11.gif15.gif

----------------

Well your cool in my books. About time a female replied.

----------------

On 4/2/2004 2:45:35 PM Colin wrote:

Bumpity comment, designed to keep my topic on top: so, we have what one, maybe two female members, out of how many, four hundred semi-active males?
15.gif

----------------

Yeah, I guess I'm "semi-active." I do get up from the computer for snacks and potty breaks.

A recent tale regarding my wife......

I am in the process of acquiring a McIntosh MX-110 (doing a unit swap for condition, then I'm having the unit updated). In the conversation, she got confused, and thought I was trading the beloved Belle Klipsch pair for something.

She says to me:

"You aren't trading the Belles, are you" (worried look on her face, as if one were considering taking a gun from an NRA member).

"No, Honey" I said.

"Oh, good. You had me going there"

That's my girl!9.gif

My wife is by no means an audiophile, but she sure loves the sound and look of the big Heritage. I guess that means (in my book) close enough to audiophile for me!

There are a few hard core women audiophiles out there. One I know of is a McIntosh collector from North Carolina that I see bidding on ebay. If you are looking/bidding on McIntosh gear on ebay and a bidder "Tricia-nc" begins bidding on the unit, get the hell out of the way - because once she decides she wants a unit, there's no limit to what she will pay. She bids early and often - and anyone who has ever bid against her knows better - she always has the deeper pockets. She seems so aggressive in her bidding style - I'm sure that some ebay bidders have probably bid up units just to make her pay more, because they know that once she bids, she intends to own the item. She never bids on anything that isn't 100% MINT. I'd love to see that collection.

I dont understand why the world of audio/video is not over run with women. Look at all the nice stuff out there you can buy today that you will want to replace tomorrow like last years shoes and dresses. He he he he.

chainsaw1.gif

Seriously folks, I cant think of many so called male dominated interests where females would be most welcome to share in the enjoyment it gives us guys and not just because men want to get the approval to add yet another item to their list of gizmos and gadgets already crammed to the max in the family entertainment center.

chainsaw1.gif

How many times have you heard What does that cost? way before the question What does that do? ever enters into the conversation which is doomed to become an argument? Maybe we should ask ourselves where the music industry would be today if it werent for selling their products to avid female fans of artists from all over the world in every age group? The Beatles would have been stuck in Liverpool playing in dives until the demise of the band if it werent for the girls.

chainsaw1.gif

Ill admit Im different, for better or worse, than the average Joe walking the streets so the type of women Ive come to know and respect over the years may be out of the norm however they all seemed to have an appreciation for good sights and sounds and enjoyed being exposed to as much as they could take in.

chainsaw1.gif

With that said, the logical thing is to be able bring the music and movies into their environment so that it looks and sounds as good as the first time they decided on what they liked and wanted more of . That requires equipment. Sometimes lots and lots of equipment. Sometimes lots and lots of equipment that is outdated a day after its purchased. Ah ha!

chainsaw1.gif

Here is where our two species begin to part the ways. This is where we enter into, what some women consider, the mysterious and boring world of ELECTRONICS. Think of all those wires, cables, tubes, speakers, amps, screens, remotes, sound meters, CD players, DVD players, processors and TVs which can never be color coordinated unless theyre all in black and black is not a color!

chainsaw1.gif

Well heres a flash. Men can be just as picky, if not more so, about the way their gear looks and not just because the women in their lives think it clashes with the couch and drapes.

chainsaw1.gif

Admit it guys. How many times did you refuse to buy a quality piece of gear just because it only came in silver or brushed gold or a dull faded looking black? Men hide wires in walls, below the floor boards and underneath the carpet. Men try to decide if they should keep the grills on and off their speakers depending on the occasion. Are we going to show off those cones tonight or protect them in case the party gets rowdy? He he he.

chainsaw1.gif

You know what Im talking about. Youre proud of the way your stuff performs AND looks. This is what should be conveyed to women while we are constantly tuning and upgrading our systems instead of turning them off with an attitude like we are rebuilding a Chevy 427 big block in the middle of the living room and everyone better stay out of the way until weve tightened down the last nut and slammed down the hood for an ear splitting test drive.

chainsaw1.gif

Understanding and putting up with your mates interests is one thing but getting them to share in the fun because you BOTH want to is another.

9.gif He he he he he he he he he he he he9.gif

What BBB said:

I dont understand why the world of audio/video is not over run with women. Look at all the nice stuff out there you can buy today that you will want to replace tomorrow like last years shoes and dresses. He he he he.

Seriously folks, I cant think of many so called male dominated interests where females would be most welcome to share in the enjoyment it gives us guys and not just because men want to get the approval to add yet another item to their list of gizmos and gadgets already crammed to the max in the family entertainment center.

How many times have you heard What does that cost? way before the question What does that do? ever enters into the conversation which is doomed to become an argument? Maybe we should ask ourselves where the music industry would be today if it werent for selling their products to avid female fans of artists from all over the world in every age group? The Beatles would have been stuck in Liverpool playing in dives until the demise of the band if it werent for the girls.

Ill admit Im different, for better or worse, than the average Joe walking the streets so the type of women Ive come to know and respect over the years may be out of the norm however they all seemed to have an appreciation for good sights and sounds and enjoyed being exposed to as much as they could take in.

With that said, the logical thing is to be able bring the music and movies into their environment so that it looks and sounds as good as the first time they decided on what they liked and wanted more of . That requires equipment. Sometimes lots and lots of equipment. Sometimes lots and lots of equipment that is outdated a day after its purchased. Ah ha!

Here is where our two species begin to part the ways. This is where we enter into, what some women consider, the mysterious and boring world of ELECTRONICS. Think of all those wires, cables, tubes, speakers, amps, screens, remotes, sound meters, CD players, DVD players, processors and TVs which can never be color coordinated unless theyre all in black and black is not a color!

Well heres a flash. Men can be just as picky, if not more so, about the way their gear looks and not just because the women in their lives think it clashes with the couch and drapes.

Admit it guys. How many times did you refuse to buy a quality piece of gear just because it only came in silver or brushed gold or a dull faded looking black? Men hide wires in walls, below the floor boards and underneath the carpet. Men try to decide if they should keep the grills on and off their speakers depending on the occasion. Are we going to show off those cones tonight or protect them in case the party gets rowdy? He he he.

You know what Im talking about. Youre proud of the way your stuff performs AND looks. This is what should be conveyed to women while we are constantly tuning and upgrading our systems instead of turning them off with an attitude like we are rebuilding a Chevy 427 big block in the middle of the living room and everyone better stay out of the way until weve tightened down the last nut and slammed down the hood for an ear splitting test drive.

Understanding and putting up with your mates interests is one thing but getting them to share in the fun because you BOTH want to is another.

7.gif

Some of my reasons for having audio gear.

The rf-7s make wonderful scratching posts for the cats.6.gif

I like the pretty lights on the components.4.gif

Lots of buttons and knobs to play with. Wheeeee!3.gif

The amp keeps the room nice and warm.16.gif

I like to spend money 9.gif