Klipsch Reference RSX Speakers

Efontaine

Hey Efontaine

If you are asking if you should purchase these , that depends what you are looking to do ... is the system for mainly HT. or mainly music ...??? My system is for mainly HT. Look below this post to see what i have , My room is 15 x 20 vaulted ceiling , i like the rsx sats. because i have a grandchild and did not want him to poke holes in the speaker with his fingures , Thes look great on the walls .

The sound is fricken great ... clean and crisp on low or high volume . I could type lots more . All i got to say is that i am very happy with this system . it rocks and rumbles my room.

I haven't gotten to hear them yet. (I've seen them several times and they do look good.)

I recently upgraded from the Quintet sat system to RB-25s mainly for improved music capability. If you're primarily interested in HT, the sats will be fabulous. If you're going to be doing more than about 30% music, I would seriously consider bookshelves (which can also be mounted on the wall).

John

I am looking at these speakers for both HT and music. I am more concerned with the music rather than the HT side.

I am looking at these also because of their size. I would like to mount the surrounds on the wall rather than leave speakers around the floor where kids might poke holes in or knock off stands.

I guess you have these as your complete system? How does the music sound? If you don't mind me asking, was it worth the $$ paid?

Thanks

i have them setup in the showroom hooked up to a yamaha RXV1400, and they are the best sounding sat spkrs i've heard!

i usually demo w/dvd concerts, and action scenes. they actually do a good job w/both.

if satellite speakers are what you want, get these!

avman.

----------------

On 3/26/2004 12:29:58 PM Efontaine wrote:

I am looking at these speakers for both HT and music. I am more concerned with the music rather than the HT side.

I am looking at these also because of their size. I would like to mount the surrounds on the wall rather than leave speakers around the floor where kids might poke holes in or knock off stands.

I guess you have these as your complete system? How does the music sound? If you don't mind me asking, was it worth the $$ paid?

Thanks
----------------

My system consists of RB-25s for the fronts, RC-25 for the center, and RS-25s for the surrounds. Was it worth the $$?? OH YEA!!! After I got the front 3 hooked up I played the THX rain intro and my WIFE got a big 9.gif !! I told her she wasn't supposed to like this stuff this much and she said, "I didn't know they were going to sound THAT GOOD!"

Keep in mind that was a jump from the Quintets to the reference series which is pretty sizeable step...errr...leap.

The main reason I started looking to upgrade was for music. Whenever I played 2 channel stuff, the bass was too localized and the mid-range was a little thin. The Quintets go down to 100Hz and the KSW-10 can go up to 120Hz, but that's not really enough overlap between the two. For movies, since they are recorded in the x.1 format, the bass was already encoded into the .1 channel, thus making the effect less noticeable.

I have no doubt that the RSX system will sound great. (I trust avman's opinion 100%.) I'm simply suggesting that you may want to look into mounting some RB-25s on the walls instead of the RSXs. The retail prices for the RSX-5s are the same as the RB-25s and the RB-25s go down to 49Hz compared to 92Hz for the RSX-5s. (That's virtually one octave lower.)

Enjoy the hunt,

John

----------------

On 3/25/2004 10:34:55 AM Efontaine wrote:

Does anybody out there have any experience with these speakers. Whats your take on them. Worth the money?

Thanks.

I am looking for a 5.1 system that won't take up a lot of space.

----------------

I asked the very same question about two months ago. After only one positive response I went ahead and purchased them ( without ever hearing them) to use in my MBR alongside a 46" hdtv. As far as audio quality goes, while no RF7, they are truely worthy of being part of the Klipsch Reference line. I think for wall mount application they are ideal. However, if I were you, and you can overcome the fear of speaker molestation by the children I would opt for RF 15s or 25s for the mains. Just my $.02

Jerry Rappaport

P.S. I just gave myself a good idea...lol. How would you (or anyone) like a pair of RSX 5s (black), cheap? Only one month old.

thanks,john

i find the ref bookshelf speaker has a more 'open' sound vs. the ref sats,much the same as going from a rf-15 to 25 to 35. if the 'look' of the rsx-sats is what you want,they still sound good. if the looks of the rb-25/rc-25/rs-25 are o.k. w/you,then that would be a better sounding system.

avman.

"I am looking for a 5.1 system that won't take up a lot of space."

That's also what I was looking for after getting my LaScalas. I bought 2 RSX-5's and the RCX-4 to replace 2 KLF-20's and a KLF-C7.6.gif They sound great to me as I mainly use them for FM radio, and maybe 3-4 movies a month since I don't really care much for HT, but they also excel with DVD's. I'm still using the RS3II's for surrounds since it's kinda handy they are already on the wall, but who knows, maybe I'll buy 2 more RSX-5's one of these days.

I really think you'll be pleased if you go with the setup.