Heresy Center channel

Tenn

An Academy! Other options that may not be ideal would be a KG 2.2V, KG 2.5V, or a KV-3. The best possible choice is another Heresy of course, that is if you want a timbre matched seamless front soundstage. Don't skimp on the center it is the most important speaker and the one that all the other speakers are anchored too.

Guest Anonymous

I never heard the academy, but I have have had the rc-7 and a pair of heresey's on top of the tv blew it away IMHO.

Bothe for movies ans music, plus you have exact timbre match acroos the most important front wall of your system2.gif9.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2004 11:50:19 AM garymd wrote:

I second the academy. Hard to find though. I think it sounds better than the heresy in that spot for movies in particular. Best if you can build your own custom center. Lots of info on the forum if you go that route.

----------------

Sorry Gary, but I have to respectfully disgree. I put my Academy between my Heresies and they don't come close to matching. The Heresy highs are a lot crisper and clearer to my ears. The Academy has a more laid-back presentation.

If I were to build around my pair of Heresies, I'd do it with two more pairs of Heresies. It might not be the prettiest approach, but short of getting bigger Heritage speakers and pushing the Heresies back, it will sound the best.

IMHO, My US$0.02, etc. :-)

I just got my academy and it's a pretty awesome sounding center !.. I like it alot better then my old RC-35 already. I still have to compare it to the custom part lascala center that is being walked to me (slow shipping).. I do agree that a heresy is a little crisper...but the academy is a damn good center !

I tried several alternatives to get the best center channel between two Cornwalls, including a pair of Heresys (not too bad when turned upside-down to on top of the TV to lower the horns to ear level). But I was not really satisfied until I got a single vertical Cornwall for the center (laying on its side on top of the TV). The Herseys are now the surrounds.

My point, matching the front speakers as closely as possible was the best center channel solution for me.