Ok I may sell my SWS now

Since klipsch makes no more and my plan was to own 3 or 4 of them, I will have to buy one larger sub. I'm leaning toward the RW-12. I will need the money from the SWS to put toward that sub. I'm not going to sell it for less then 120 dollars+shipping. Its in perfect condition with all original packaging. Shipping will be about (~15 dollars UPS groud.)

Quite good, actually. The sound quality is excellent for the price I paid ($99 CDN / $75 US). It's a pretty cheap sub as far as HT subs go, but it mixes with the Ultra sub very well. I've gotten the extra power I was looking for and more; I stopped trying to find what was rattling when I realized it was something structural in my wall.

The problem I have now is that the Ultra sub will reach it's limit *first*. Since the new sub's output is sufficient to mask the resulting distortion, I have to worry about overdriving the Ultra sub. Other than that, I'm not complaining. 1.gif

Well, the Ultra sub is definitely "tighter", and I imagine that a SWS would also have some superior qualities. It still seems like I got a good deal, though.

And of course the KLH ASW10-120 is a discontinued part, found mostly in surplus shops and refurb sales. When it was still in production, they ran about $130US, which is still relatively cheap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking of getting rid of 2 of mines because i want to put the money towards a Sunfire Junior sub. I wish that klipsch would bring it back because having an idol port in the back of their new 5.1 unltra system is pretty retarded. But then again, it was ginues because its a sub out...so you can connect any sub with an rca input to it.

Well, i have 3 sws and still thinking about getting rid of 2 of those bad boys. Let me see how my cash flow is before i jump towards a new speaker.

• 3 months later...