Just got my new SVS 20-39PC-Plus Sub -- a question about its placement

john4618

I just got my new SVS 20-39PC-Plus sub and I have a question about its placement.

The owners guide recommends a corner, but the only corner I have is directly behind my front right RF-7. With the SVS in that corner there is only 16 inches clearance between the SVS and the back of the RF-7 -- is this okay ??? Will the SVS and the rear ports of the RF-7 somehow wrongly interfere with each other ???

John 16 inches is fine. I have seen SVS subs place between sofas and walls packed in behind entertainment centers and so on.

The most important thing how does it sound. Also keep in mind not many of us have ideal rooms for HT and have to make do with what we have been dealt.

Fire it up and see how it sounds.

I agree with Scott. Sixteen inches sounds like more than enough clearance - even with the rear-firing RF7s. Plus, my experience with SVS cylinders vs. boxes revealed the cylinders to be a little more forgiving on placement. Maybe due to the upward firing ports. Maybe due to my own imagination.

Go for it. Congrats on your plus.