Simpson's on strike

wheelman

Did anyone catch this on their msn bulliten board. Simpson's voices for Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa are on strike untill they get the money they deserve. They currently are getting 125,000 an episode and they want 360,000. Give it to em i say! Ray Ramano is the highest payed sitcom actor right now at 1.7 to 2 million an episode! Come on Homer is much cooler. How could they replace those voices we have known for years? It would be the end of it. The voices in my opinion make the show. All of them including Apu, Ned, Moe, Barney, Gill, Side show Bob, Crusty, you name it their awesome.

I love the simpsons and have seen literally every single episode that has ever aired.... but I have to say, lately the episodes just seem kind of trite and bland. Sure, theres maybe 2 or 3 really funny parts in an episode... but overall they just seem to be getting cheesy. They've been doing the show for 15+ years now, and all of a sudden they want more money? I dont really see much in the future of the simpsons, and it seems like they're allready extending it past its peak allready. Make way for the new style of blunt crude humor! Family Guy's coming back in '05... I can't wait!

I have watched it since the beginning, like the second or thrid season (I was born in 85), I grew up with the show. I have seen THOUSANDS of episodes (I watch as often as I can)

However, it is definetly tanking, and either they need to take a break, or can the show and work on Family Guy/Futurama, or make a new show.

Early Simpson's used to be like Leave it to Beaver or the like. It was funny stuff about growing up (Bart and Lisa), or daily life (Homer and Marge), or whatever else. I think they have EXHAUSTED POP CULTURE, I mean, at a certain point, you run out of stuff to talk about! Because of that, they are going after issues with sex, gays, etc., and the show is loosing (has lost) its charm as family-friendly entertainment.

However, I would rather them can the show, make a movie (something to wrap it up?), and call it a day, and leave the world for the next 100 years with what is one of the most popular and influential shows every made.

Family Guy and Futurama (more so, IMO) have bright futures. With Futurama, there is so much material they can use, so they might be able to do well. With Family Guy, they are basically in the same boat as the Simpson's - they are limited to 'real world' stuff.

Someday, I will have all 15 or so seasons of The Simpson's on my DVD rack 2.gif

I read somewhere awhile back i think it was on the msn bulletin board. That they rehired one of the original writers for the simpsons, and that we will see more characters itroduced and sort of back to the old ways. I haven't seen a new one inwhile. I watch reruns of futurama and family guy about every night, but their getting old real fast. I think i liked every Simpson i seen with side show Bob in it.

----------------

On 4/2/2004 12:03:55 AM Juba310 wrote:

ew leno makes that much?

----------------

He just signed a deal until 2009. My wife read a blurb from fortune magazine to me today: Leno is responisble for about a quarter of NBC's profits. I guess they want to keep him happy. I don't watch him, 11:00 til about 12:30AM is quiet Jazz time.

Rick

The writing of this show has soooo much to do with who they have on staff obviously..

the episodes that many people remember fondly as being the most esoteric and unique and funny as hell are often the ones written by some very unique funny people--i.e. the few seasons that Conan O'Brian wrote were very funny i.e. "Silent Bob cape fear parody" and soo much more.

the writers that they have now really aren't very good, because most of the "harvard" writers (yes...many of the writers on the show are harvard grads, or at least they use to be...) are really quite bad---read the new nat. lampoon and you will see all the future sit-com writers in their pre-professional days...Most of the newest harvard staff aren't very funny unfortuneately...

I think the Simpsons should die a quiet death before all the fond memories that people have of the show are bulldozed into the ground by the crap that they've been produceing as of late...

I feel it doesn't have that magic anymore, but if it started to spark again. Then i say let them stay. Conan O Brian wrote some awesome ones. It definitely depends on the writer and characters they show in the episode. Two much Homer is what happened. Everything was about Homer and we all know he rules, but it was lacking their adventures they used to have. Also the great comedy. And the death of Phil Hartman really sucked. He will be missed his voice and everything he did i liked. What was his name? Troy Mclure?