Got a job at Best Buy!

kenratboy

I was hired for home theater, so at least I can be of great assistance to the people shopping. Pay is better, perks are better, people are better, etc.

I hope all you you will take consolation that someone like me is in that department. I really think I can help people get what they want. Reguardless, it should be fun.

The first thing I will probably do is got some Promedia 2.1's for my computer.

----------------

On 4/2/2004 5:48:17 PM chuckears wrote:

Two words, ratboy... DIS. COUNT. Hook us all up, will ya? I'm going to be in the market for a RadeonXT 9800 video card later this year...
2.gif"
----------------

Might not be too good for my continued employment! I have my eye on a ton of stuff there. I can go to town with Monster Cable for everything, and still beat Parts Express prices! I hope to get my parents a simple Synergy rig for the downstairs system. Maybe some new speakers and head unit for my car. Man, I'm gonna be broke!

For more answers than questions, can all us Klipschers head to Best Buy in Reno, NV, and get the straight kenratboy scoop? 6.gif Can we tip? 8.gif Can we congratulate you on becoming a genuine Klipsch owner? 3.gif Can we come by and see what the real kenratboy is up close and personal?9.gif

Best of all, may all the wind in your sales be horn-loaded! 16.gif -HornEd

----------------

On 4/2/2004 5:48:17 PM chuckears wrote:

Two words, ratboy... DIS. COUNT. Hook us all up, will ya? I'm going to be in the market for a RadeonXT 9800 video card later this year...
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif">

----------------

Don't hold your breath, bro. There is no markup on peripherals. I know - I worked there for 2 years. You'll do better on Pricewatch.com for any computer parts than you will at BB.

----------------

On 4/2/2004 5:37:45 PM kenratboy wrote:

I was hired for home theater, so at least I can be of great assistance to the people shopping. Pay is better, perks are better, people are better, etc.

I hope all you you will take consolation that someone like me is in that department. I really think I can help people get what they want. Reguardless, it should be fun.

The first thing I will probably do is got some Promedia 2.1's for my computer.
----------------

Better than what? Check out http://www.bestbuysux.org . Not to rain on your parade or anything11.gif11.gif

toddvj: I'm miserable at my current job (Target), I spent an hour and a half on the flip-flop isle in shoes tonight. Trust me, anything is better, and if I can at least work with electronics and help people (on a personal level, me telling them about the gear and the hobby). At the end of the day, this job is for me, and as long as I am happy there (and the benefits are great!), thats all that matters. However, I would like to break some of the negative things the company has going for it, and from talking to the other guys in HT, they seem like a really great group. The management at this store is great.

As for Klipsch ownership. Yes, really, I'm not kidding. I just got over buying $2,000 worth of camera gear (Canon Digital Rebel), and before that, $600 worth of computer parts, etc., and as I work as a part time person, I can't just keep buying and buying! However, I will buy some Klipsch soon. I might even get some SF-3's to hold me over for the time being 6.gif

Reguardless, I love Klipsch speakers, and as a 19 year old college kid, you can't expect me to run out and just drop three grand on a rig! 2.gif

----------------

On 4/3/2004 3:26:48 AM kenratboy wrote:

toddvj:
I'm miserable at my current job (Target

----------------

Hey, for what it's worth, I hate my current job, too. Pays the bills though. Before this, I worked at Ultimate Electronics. That payed the bills very well at first, then really started sucking. It was a great, fun job when I worked there, but now, they are becoming more and more like best buy every day. Don't get me wrong, I shop at Best Buy more than any other store, just don't think I'd want to work there. Hopefully, you'll love it, I have a couple friends who are very happy there.

People will ***** about anything. I have heard people complain about Sears return policy, one of the most liberal stores I have found. Bestbuy, sure they try to intimidate customers by sending to to an a person working behid that section of counter. Every buy an open box item from BB, hell usually half the things are missing. That tells me they have a liberal return policy. Best Buy is there to prey off consumers and make money. One must take the time to educate oneself or suffer the wrath of stupidity

If I am there in a year, I might buy myself a bigger HD ready TV. I didn't see the rainbow effect on the DLP's, but maybe it would take another situation.

No denying the fact a job pays the bills (Target), and I am leaving there in good faith, but I want to move on to bigger, better things - also, while I am going to college, it would be hard to work a desk job during business hours. Weekends are where I usually do my thing.

----------------

On 4/2/2004 9:00:02 PM BBB wrote:

Yeah right! Check out these prices Masta Griffinator.

----------------

LOL!

I said "peripherals" - meaning computer parts. I shopped for a few parts for my 'puter when I worked there - even with my discount I could get them cheaper online than I could at BB.

----------------

On 4/3/2004 2:19:19 PM Griffinator wrote:

----------------

On 4/2/2004 9:00:02 PM BBB wrote:

Yeah right! Check out these prices Masta Griffinator.

----------------

LOL!

I said "peripherals" - meaning computer parts. I shopped for a few parts for my 'puter when I worked there - even with my discount I could get them cheaper online than I could at BB.

----------------

From what I have seen on things like upper-end video cards, it is pretty much a draw, and being able to bring it home with you might be worth the extra $10 or so. Things like memory are way cheaper on Newegg.com and other sites. However, the accesories are another story...

kenratboy,

Good Luck!1.gif

You're right Flip Flops is not where it's at! At least you'll be selling something that people want and not something people need. The difference is amazing. Help those poor misguided Blose shoppers see the light and become Klipschters!!!!!!3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

----------------

On 4/3/2004 8:01:56 PM 3dzapper wrote:

kenratboy,

Good Luck!
1.gif

You're right Flip Flops is not where it's at! At least you'll be selling something that people want and not something people need. The difference is amazing. Help those poor misguided Blose shoppers see the light and become Klipschters!!!!!!
3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick

----------------

We're talking audio/video retail here, 3d, not brain surgery. 9.gif

----------------

On 4/3/2004 8:01:56 PM 3dzapper wrote:

kenratboy,

Good Luck!
1.gif

You're right Flip Flops is not where it's at! At least you'll be selling something that people want and not something people need. The difference is amazing. Help those poor misguided Blose shoppers see the light and become Klipschters!!!!!!
3.gif3.gif3.gif

Rick
----------------

Thats my point exactly2.gif

BBB - I don't understand your comments. I am moving for something I do not have any interest in or enjoy, to a job where I can talk and sell my hobby all day. There is nothing 'advanced' or 'special' about it. Just a part time job to pay for toys while I go to college. Nothing else. Just one rung up the ladder, thats all.

LOL. Jeeeeeez. I wasn't dising duh ratboy.I was implying that it would probably require a frontal labotomy to get a Bose Head to convert to the Klipsch side. Maybe the procedure can be performed in Shipping and Receiving back by the loading docks with some box cutters.Once that Bose inplant has taken seed it requires drastic measures to get those brainwaves running all in the right direction again. In some acute cases an entire brain replacement is the only alternative. Maybe they can offer a super special on laser disc surgery? He he he he he 2.gif