RB75 Here you go moon

Bruinsrme

As most know I implemented a pair of RB75s as my surrounds as the RS7s were not cutting it in the music department and having a smallish HT the wide dispertion was not giving me the surround effect rather a larger stereo sound stage. The RB75s have created a better channel seperation thereby enhancing the surround effect.

Quality of the speaker: The Quality control sucks!!!!!! It is apparent that the focus of Klipsch has been turned to lawsuits vice ensuring quality appearance of their product. The gouge is costing this consumer time and effort in having to repack the speaker and costing the store I purchased the speaker from two way shipping, one to get a new speaker to me and the gouged speaker back to them. If I was paying for the shipping it would have been $68 for the exchange.

Quality of sound: Well in my listening years I feel Stely Dan and Donald ***en songs are one of the best to demo speakers of any brand. The music is very tight and controlled. With that said the RB75s sounded pretty damn good for a bookshelf. The mids and highs parallel those of the big brother RF7s. The lows well being a bookshelf they are lacking in the that department, somewhat, remember they are a bookshelf. I like the concept of front ports and which I feel makes them a great surround.

m00n suggested there is a delay in the RB75. If he meant they lag the mains I do believe he is correct. Luckily the Pioneer 49txi adjusted for this. It is ever so slight but it does seem to exist.

The low end of the rb75 is of little concern since the SvS take command in that department. Though stated the low end is sufficient for surrounds but would be lacking for mains, unless a sub was integrated in the system.

Price: well I am not going to discuss that at all. The local store would have raped my wallet. As far as value for the money. With a MSRP of $600 each I feel this speaker is severely OVERPRICED. If it had an MSRP of $400 a speaker it would be a very good speaker for the money.

rb75-2.jpg

rb75-3.jpg

rb75-4.jpg

----------------

On 4/3/2004 11:01:30 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

m00n suggested there is a delay in the RB75. If he meant they lag the mains I do believe he is correct. Luckily the Pioneer 49txi adjusted for this. It is ever so slight but it does seem to exist.

----------------

What I was getting at, (sorry if It didn't come out right) was this, when the dealer turned on the RSW-12 subwoofer, the RB75's and sub did not seem to be in sync. It was as if the 75 would hit, then the sub would hit a fraction of a second after (or it was vice-versa, don't remember). You could just tell that they were not in sync with each other.

HOWEVER, to be fair, it could have been speaker placement. The 75's were up on a shelf, the sub was on the floor firing directly across 90 degress to the 75's... So think of it as a little "t" 75's are pointing from north to south, sub is pointing from east to west. At any rate, that could have been what was causing the issue. Plus it could have been all the controls that everything has to go through... I dunno.

I agree with you on the price range. I think this will be the first time I have ever said anything bad about a Klipsch product so please don't kill me Klipsch (I love you, I really do!). 4.gif BUT! I was dissapointed to see what Klipsch did with this speaker. They had an opportunity to build an outsanding bookshelf, but what they did was create a half-***'d Reference speaker. It has a nice box, but the front is one huge molded peice of plastic. The entire face, the port and even the horn is all one big molded chunk-O-plastic. I could be wrong, but I honestly think this is affecting the sound. To me and I stress the me on this one, but they have that plastic box sound. I don't hear that from the RC7s, I don't hear that from the RF7s. But then again I could be wrong, maybe it's the whole front port design that gives it that sound. I dunno, I just know I prefer the RC7.

It's as Scott said... It's a $400.00 speaker not a $600.00. A nice solid front like the OTHER reference speakers have would have made it a $600.00 speaker and most likely would have caused it to sound as such. Again I stress this is my opinion, your opinion very well could be different.

Thanks m00n for the complements. I am in the process in saving for a new laptop in which will take place of the desk top. Having 2 complete networks both with wireless capabilities and fulll coverage in the house, the designated computer area may very well be short lived. The bar will replace the computer area. This should take place next winter, I hope.

My friend did point out the timing issue with the RB75 and the sub. But once calibrated the receiver has corrected for any delay issues, so it seems.

The cheap looking plastic is why the covers will stay on. If they RB75s had the fronts of the RF7 line the covers would have been off in a heart beat.

----------------

On 4/3/2004 11:01:30 AM Bruinsrme wrote:

Quality of sound: Well in my listening years I feel Stely Dan and Donald ***en songs are one of the best to demo speakers of any brand. The music is very tight and controlled. With that said the RB75s sounded pretty damn good for a bookshelf. The mids and highs parallel those of the big brother RF7s. The lows well being a bookshelf they are lacking in the that department, somewhat, remember they are a bookshelf. I like the concept of front ports and which I feel makes them a great surround.

The low end of the rb75 is of little concern since the SvS take command in that department. Though stated the low end is sufficient for surrounds but would be lacking for mains, unless a sub was integrated in the system.

Price: well I am not going to discuss that at all. The local store would have raped my wallet. As far as value for the money. With a MSRP of $600 each I feel this speaker is severely
OVERPRICED.
If it had an MSRP of $400 a speaker it would be a very good speaker for the money.

----------------

Scott: Very, very nice. Great shelves you have there. I never take offense because my St. Louis Blues still have not done squat in over twenty-something years (depressing) 8.gif

I opted for the RB-75s for the same reason as you did - I just had issues with the RS line trying to tackle music (especially DVD-Audio and SACD), and my pair will be here on Thursday to begin duty as side surrounds. Glad to hear that the mids and highs parallel those of the big brother RF7s, and I also agree that my two SVS will handle the lower end of the equation. Moon and you are right about the current MSRP of these speakers. Which is a shame because I think that alone will discourage some out of, what sounds, like a very, very good surround speaker (or maybe even a very good main with quality subs). A local authorized dealer in my town matched an online price of $440 each, but I would not have paid $600 each for them. I also agree with Moon - - - why the cheap-looking facia in the theme of the Reference 15-35 series when this speaker is designed to voice match (and compliment) the RF7s and the RC7? Unfortunately, my grills will also stay on.

Again, looks great....