Scott 233 today only 650 LIKE NEW

Guest Anonymous

The only thing warranteed are parts replaced. not tubes and this amp still has its original above chassis high voltage cans. I can warranty my work but not 40+ year old parts like transformers, tubes and any original components just to be absolutely clear.

Craig

Reality check needs biasing. Smilin doesn't need beer in his Wheaties. He needs $650. He'll get it, sooner or later.

Give your wife a hug, Smilin. If you were down here in St. Louis, I'd get her a Ted Drewe's custard. They are great, and she is too13.gif Hope all is well...

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/18/2004 8:37:23 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Reality check needs biasing. Smilin doesn't need beer in his Wheaties. He needs $650. He'll get it, sooner or later.

Give your wife a hug, Smilin. If you were down here in St. Louis, I'd get her a Ted Drewe's custard. They are great, and she is too
13.gif
Hope all is well...

----------------

Dave,

Thanks for the offer, hopefully we can take you up on it soon...I am also dealing with my mom's health, she has been laid up for almost 3 months, and is now meeting with an oncologist, after having a bone scan/mri/biobsy/ect...

It seems to be raining and pooring on my life recently. hopefully the Stoms will be over soon.

Tubesinhard-I never recieved your email offer, BTW Craig says the tubes are about 80%, but will need to be replaced in the future...I have only put abput 25 hours use on this unit.12.gif

----------------

On 4/19/2004 10:17:25 AM smilin wrote:

Tubesinhard-I never recieved your email offer, BTW Craig says the tubes are about 80%, but will need to be replaced in the future...I have only put abput 25 hours use on this unit.
12.gif

----------------

Do all the tubes need to be replaced in the future? What do you mean by, the future? I have been under the impression that a tube which tests at 80% is pretty much considered like new? I always thought that tubes need to be considered for replacement at aaround 50% of their maximum test value? Would someone with knowledge in this area please comment here?

I have a NOS coin base set of 7591s, a set of OE Scotts, a set of used RCAs, and a set of Sylvanias. I don't know how many hours are on the last three sets but every one of them including the NOS measure 80% on my Heathkit tester and sound great.

Rick