Harmon Kardon AVR7200

Hard 21

Ha... Dang, I didn't go quit to that extreme in. I chipped off gum, washed off soda pop, pulled them appart but did not sand blast them. Washed the crap out of them. My mother in law has promised to reapolster them if I ever get off my duff and go get the material. I've seen her work.. I have no doubt in my mind they will look professionaly done when they get back.

Thanks man! I kinda messed up though. I should have added more height between the rows. At least another 3 inchs or so.

Gum? Yours had gum on them.....2.gif ? Uh, yeah, I let the sandblasting take care of that, except on the armrests. Good thing gum hardens as it ages - makes it easier to remove!

The assemblies are not all that difficult to work with, if you get to that point and need some pointers I'd be happy to assist. Toughest part is the spring assemblies in the seats - they are a bit tricky to figure out, but pretty easy to reassemble once apart. I did enjoy the reupholstering - it was laborious but the results were rewarding. I had a guy come by last weekend, and I asked him to try the seats out. He commented "I always wanted these seats but thought they would be uncomfortable: These are great, I could watch an entire movie sitting in these!" He went home with four unrestored units and some other stuff.....

The theater I pulled these from - the wrecking crew was taking the seats in assembled strings out behind the place and letting them lay there. I got to them before it rained, and within about a week it was all gone. There were literally hundreds; I had free reign on them, and could have as many as I wanted, but I did not have the adequate storage space to keep them so fifteen was my max. Bummer!

The rest of the story for those interested - I obtained fifteen seats, five backlit in-wall poster boxes (aluminum boxes with sheet metal backs, clear plastic fronts, dual fluorescent bulbs), a ticket stand, a small drinking fountain, two soda fountains with ice chests, two large backlit wall boxes, and two ceiling mounted backlit boxes - for $350.

I don't plan to use all of it, I certainly don't have a venue that is large enough, so I have been selling off pieces here and there to finance the HT setup. What a great find this was!

Popbumper

Hey Guys,

I just returned my HK AVR7200, and am waiting for my refund. I was using it with the R-35 5.1 setup.

Why did I return?

Well...as you can tell from my post count, I am a newbie. However, I do have some sense of music. To me it just didn't cut in the stereo music (never tried DVD-A or SACD) department. To my ears, sound was just congested. By congested I mean that seperatation of instruments was missing and everything sounded a little closed. It might sound really weired, but to me Onkyo501 sounded better as far as music was concerned, even though 7200 did deliver more powerfull Bass then Onkyo501.

As far as the movies are concerned, it did work well, and sounded powerfull and did prove that it has a pretty powerfull amp section.

And let me IMHOed all the above statements.

----------------

On 4/14/2004 10:36:56 PM Hard 21 wrote:

Will you please tell me something good about it (the HK AVR7200) now, since I've already ordered it, and I'm really excited about getting it.

----------------

[/blockquote

If you want it for HT it will fill the bill.You also may be perfectly happy w/2ch performance,I only stated my opinion,and you know what thats like,good luck.

Hardie.. You will like it. You have to take opinions with a grain of salt sometimes. Some people like Coors, some like Corona, some like Schlitz, some like Budweiser... Different strokes for differnt folks man. Me? I like Crona with a lime.