What are these Chorus I's worth

NOSValves

My wife has been unhappy with these since I purchased them because there so huge for are small living room and not really in that great of condition. My wife is very understanding so I really do not have to sell these. So this thread is just to get a honest assessment of there value to fellow klipsters. If it doesn't end up killing me money wise I may go back to RF3's or RF5's. What I would really like if KLF-30 or 20's . I want honest opinions so I can decide if I will cave into the wife I like the way they sound over the RF3's they replaced.

First speakers minor problems are dinged corners and the original woofer magnet is loose so it has a JBL D-130E in it. I still have the original woofer not sure if its repairable but people have said here that it is repairable. The replacement woofer from Klispch cost $268.

Thanks Craig

Here is the Set

Chorus11.jpg

First speaker

Chorus22.jpg

Chorus33.jpg

Chorus44.jpg

Second speaker has dings and the pedestal is coming apart also the Klipsch badge is missing from the Grill but both grill's are in reasonable good shape.

Chorus55.jpg

Chorus66.jpg

Chorus77.jpg

I don't know about the I's Craig, but if they sound anything like the II's that I have then they should sound outstanding. With my 233, their sound puts a big smile on my face. I wouldn't trade mine for anything that I have ever heard, other than maybe Khorns, but I don't have room for those.

Maybe you should try having the original woofer repaired. Although I've never had this guy repair a speaker for me, he is highly regarded.

Bill Miller

Millersound Labs

1422 Taylor Road

Lansdale, PA 19446

ph 215-412-7700

fax 215-412-0542

e-mail millerspkr@aol.com

Good luck!

Keith

Actually if it costs me anything much to change I just won't think about it anymore like I said the wife isn't throwing a fit or anything. She just made a few remarks here and there. I personally think they sound great. I would rather get a matching woofer and fix the smashed corners, and keep them. I think they look great with the grills off but not with the mismatched woofer in there.

Craig

Yup these are the ones I got from smillin. The woofer magnet was loose when I got it here I think old Smilin blew it off with one of his 200 watt SS blasts ;) Who knows though it could of been ready to break lose and the drive over here vibrated it loose ? Don't know though that brand new van I rented to deliver all his speakers and gear with sure did ride smooth it sure sucked up the gas though about $120 bucks worth plus the $139 rental it should of road smooth !

Craig

----------------

On 4/8/2004 11:07:07 PM Johnny dB wrote:

I've seen Chorus I sell from $500 to $750. You'd be hard pressed to sell them w/ mismatched woofers.
11.gif

----------------

I'd have to agree... the mismatched woofers will probably take away more than half their value, or make them a "no sale". For starters i think you should look into a used replacement driver or getting it repaired...

just my opinion... 1.gif

Rob

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/9/2004 12:13:18 AM NOSValves wrote:

Just like that shipping Huh !!

----------------

I tried to ship you to me, but you were to big to fit in the box6.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 4/9/2004 12:36:30 AM NOSValves wrote:

Smoke another doobie dude
1.gif

----------------

No craig, no how, no way, I quit that sh!t, maybe you should too3.gif yaknow baby12.gif

----------------

On 4/8/2004 10:58:38 PM NOSValves wrote:

How did you end up with a new one ? I am very interested.

No one has a opinion on there worth ?

----------------

Craig,

I bought the woofer, along with several others, from a service dept. that went out of business. I've sent you a pm to explain the details and shipping cost. I also have an SW-12II subwoofer that I might be willing to trade for your Chorus speakers. Any interest? Just let me know. Thanks, Rick.