Record Doctor II on Ebay

shload

My record cleaner is similar to doctorcilantro's, using a cheap, low power shop vac and a free turntable

++++++++++++++

Paul;

The pictures of your listening room are more than nice from what i have seen in pictures and Craig has told me.

How do you pretty up the shop vac?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 4/24/2004 10:25:50 PM Audio Flynn wrote:

How do you pretty up the shop vac?

----------------

It's stock. I have it banished to the basement in the corner. A shop vac's lack of eye appeal is a definite disadvantage over a pro record cleaning machine.

Nothing personal! I don't know you well enough for this to be personal! Its just that your sanctimonious and confrontational manner combined with near total ignorance and complete tunnel vision truly brings out the worst in me. I usually get along OK with everyone, even nit-wit Republicans! But there is something about YOU that sets me off. It really is MY problem I know, so please accept this most sincere apology!

----------------

On 4/24/2004 11:11:47 PM Allan Songer wrote:

"I usually get along OK with everyone, even nit-wit Republicans!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Gary, Is he talking about you or me do ya think? Did ya send him a check yet? Ah, I bet he's talking about what's his name!

I say, forget the cleaning machine and spend your money on records. If they make too much noise, stoke up the fire place and you won't know where the pop or crackle is coming from.

----------------

On 4/24/2004 11:38:18 PM boomac wrote:

----------------

"I usually get along OK with everyone, even nit-wit Republicans!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Gary, Is he talking about you or me do ya think? Did ya send him a check yet? Ah, I bet he's talking about what's his name!

I say, forget the cleaning machine and spend your money on records. If they make too much noise, stoke up the fire place and you won't know where the pop or crackle is coming from.

----------------

I figured it was me but you're right. Could've been that other guy.2.gif

----------------

Nothing personal! I don't know you well enough for this to be personal! Its just that your sanctimonious and confrontational manner combined with near total ignorance and complete tunnel vision truly brings out the worst in me. I usually get along OK with everyone, even nit-wit Republicans! But there is something about YOU that sets me off. It really is MY problem I know, so please accept this most sincere apology!

----------------

That's no apology, so you are either being deliberately disingenuous or again striving to create trouble. In Allan Songer's world, everyone must agree with Allan Songer. Luckily, those rules do not apply in the Klipsch forum and a person is free to say that paying $1795 for a record cleaning machine is silly.

I got bored trying to tell everyone about this amazing record cleaning machine built here in Greece so I decided to do something about it.

Unfortunately I cant tell you all what it is - but if you are planning to buy a record cleaner in the next year or so, and you want to trust me a little, dont.

Please wait and I will be able to anounce (hopefully) a licensing deal with a major manufacturer (with a global distribution channel) to put the unit into full production by the end of the year.

All I can tell you is this. Whatever cleaner you have now - you aint seen notin' yet!!!

It has 7 major benefits over all other cleaners in the marketplace.

I side with Paul on his disagreements with Alan.

Most if not all of Alan's post come off as...

"My taste is more expensive than yours, therefore, I have better taste than you ~ arrogance".

Always bringing up rare/expensive albums that most people don't care about anyway...

This comment alone defines Alan's lack of humility... "Maybe not so nutty when a milk crate half full of LPs is worth more than YOUR entire system times TEN or more!" I think most people don't appreciate crap comments like this!

Amazing, this seams to be the attitude of the closed minded liberals? I usually get along OK with everyone, even nit-wit D*m*cr*ps! Touche'

What is REALLY funny about all this is that I DO NOT OWN THE LORICRAFT! I use a CHEAP, BOTTOM OF THE LINE Nitty Gritty 1.0! Sure, I covet the Loricraft and would LOVE to own one but I just can't justify the expense! That doesn't mean it isn't a GREAT product and I would NEVER attack someone for being crazy or stupid for buying one.

Not all Republcans are nit-wits. And most Democrats are.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 7:32:03 AM paulparrot wrote:

That's no apology, so you are either being deliberately disingenuous or again striving to create trouble. In Allan Songer's world, everyone must agree with Allan Songer. Luckily, those rules do not apply in the Klipsch forum and a person is free to say that paying $1795 for a record cleaning machine is silly.

----------------

FWIW, IMHO your statement should include IYHO. 2.gif

Ctiger2,

You might be a bit new, to the forum, to pass judgement here. I would bet my last dime that Allan does not buy, sell or recommend any records based on snob appeal. If he comes off as cocky or seems to sport a "know it all attitude" (actually, I don't think either is the case)it's because he really does know what the heck he's talking about. To my knowledge, however, he has never suggested or recommended spending more money than necessary to aquire great music and or sound.

Here's just one example from a past posting.

Allan said:

"The best sound will be found in original deep-groove mono pressings in NM condition. The ten titles listed would only set you back about $8,000 or so and might take 3-4 years to dig up! Some of the more common titles like "Moanin'" can be found for under $100, but things like "Open Sesame," "Davis Cup" and "Undercurrent" are in the $500 range and both "True Blue" and "Cool Struttin'" are in the $1500 range. OUCH!

The Japanese "King" and "Toshiba" pressings are great and can generally be had for around $25-$40 ea.

Early "Liberty" pressings in mono are good too, but are really scarce and have been rocketing in value--I just saw a Kenny Burrell vol. 2 sell for over $100 on ebay in mint condition. Scary! This was a $10 record a couple of years ago. The Liberty Stereo pressings can be OK as long as they're not of the "re-chanelled for Stereo" ilk.

French Pathe pressings from the mid-1980's are only "OK." And both the "DMM" pressings from the 1980's and the later Capitol "Connoisseur" series are DRECK. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS."

That does not seem snobby or elitist to me.

Now, I'm not here to take any side but merely to express that of which I know and believe to be true.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 8:02:12 AM Ctiger2 wrote:

Always bringing up rare/expensive albums that most people don't care about anyway...

----------------

I disagree with Allan on a lot of subjects (politics mainly) but one thing I DO care about are the lps he brings up. I now own many that he's suggested and a few he has owned. Always great lps (except one!) and he's always a great person to deal with. When he sends one my way, he won't let me pay for it unless I try it first and decide I like it. He goes to great lengths to help other forum members who need guidance with jazz selections and is an encyclopedia of info which he is always glad to share. If that's being a snob, please continue Allan.2.gif

Thanks, guys. I try to spread joy by helping people get into this greatest of all American art forms. I really do care about jazz and it's makes me very happy to have introduced artists like Duke Pearson, Ike Quebec, Dexter Gordon, etc. to some of you. Gotta keep the fire burning.

----------------

On 4/25/2004 5:50:00 PM paulparrot wrote:

This morning you wrote, "Most people are ignorant, uneducated, insensitive, uncaring, narrow-minded and just plain STUPID."

So I frankly do not believe that you are interested in spreading joy by helping people.

----------------

Just the sensitive ones with open minds. Who, most unfortunately represent far less than 50% of the people I have had any meaningful contact with.