What size SVS should I get?

lshannon

SOOO many factors play into this decision, like room size, budget, etc. You should email Tom or Ron and they will give you the best advice.

I like the cylinder subs, I plan to sell my 3 and replace then with dual Ultra's. I have 3 20-39's and they do the job VERY well, dig very deep, play loud as hell and blend perfectly with my setup.

You can't go wrong with any sub from them, just email Tom or Ron and then go from there.

----------------

On 4/17/2004 10:54:42 AM Orange Peel wrote:

Don't pay attention to m00n, he's just mad that he doesn't own these great beasts
9.gif
One day he will know the truth about bass and join the dark side
11.gif

You know I love ya dude!
1.gif

----------------

I love you too. 13.gif2.gif

While I'll admit that my comments may have been a jab from left field and seemed unprovoked, I have this to say:

It's rude to come here and tout SVS. This is not the AVSForum or Home Theater forum where discussions on many brands and manufactures are welcome. Those places do not have a product of their own they are tying to sell.

This is the Klipsch web site and unlike AVS Forum and HTF, Klipsch has their own sub woofers they want/need to sell in order help them run a successful business. Now I realize that Klipsch tends to turn a blind eye on all the SVS talk, thus everyone takes that as a green light to discuss SVS to the N'th degree, however, do you really think Klipsch wants to see it? They tolerate it sure, but that's not the question. This is the Klipsch website and I personally feel, that being the case we should be respectful of that.

Think about Joe Newguy. He comes to the Klipsch website to inquire about Klipsch products. Wants to find out about a sub. Goes into the forums to get opinions, he is blasted with all this SVS talk, get's interested and buys SVS. *POOF* as easy as that, Klipsch has just lost revenue. One time my not hurt so bad, but you compound that by several people over a period of time and it starts to add up.

At the very least this topic could have stayed in the subwoofer area. 2.gif

Ok end rant. 12.gif

I understand brother, no problem. 1.gif But what if the newguy doesn't know about the HTforum or HTSpot, etc, and just has Klipsch speakers and wants to know about subs? I appreciate how awesome Klipsch is about letting things go on other brands, etc, that's why we buy THEIR speakers, we like them better than other brands. If Klipsch made a better sub for HT then maybe people would buy it, but when there's a better product out there for a lot less $, and someone asks about it, why not tell them? I LOVE Klipsch, wouldn't buy any other speakers, but I am not a fan of their subs, so I bought SVS, and since the sub kicks major nuts, I tell people about them, just like I tell people about how bad *** my RF-7's, etc are. I can see how the SVS talk may get out of hand, but it's hard to control your happiness when you get a new peice of gear and it rocks, I was overwhelmed when I got my RF-7's and such, so I posted everywhere about it. The SVS subs blend so well with Klipsch, they are a perfect match, it's incredible. So I take no personal offense at your post, so I hope you take none at mine. 1.gif

And true at least it should have been in the sub area 2.gif

----------------

On 4/17/2004 11:52:52 AM m00n wrote:

This is the Klipsch web site and unlike AVS Forum and HTF, Klipsch has their own sub woofers they want/need to sell in order help them run a successful business. Now I realize that Klipsch tends to turn a blind eye on all the SVS talk, thus everyone takes that as a green light to discuss SVS to the N'th degree, however, do you really think Klipsch wants to see it? They tolerate it sure, but that's not the question. This is the Klipsch website and I personally feel, that being the case we should be respectful of that.

Ok end rant.
12.gif

----------------

I fully agree. This area belongs to Klipsch and should stay that way! There is a section of threads for those who want more info about SVS over at the Home Theater Spot. Just be careful there, because unlike here at Klipsch the discussion is not allowed to stray or become even the slightest bit negative to SVS. They have a moderator who frequently jumps in and stirs up trouble, points fingers at the innocent, then deletes the thread. The whole site is run sort of like SVS's whole product line, generally good performance and quality, good customer support but somewhat amaturish execution, and totally lacking focus or class in their product line. And, please note, I am an SVS owner saying that.

Jerry Rappaport

Hmmmmm. . .

Did not particularly want to start a war here.

I read some of the HT postings and want to put together

a heritage HT set-up.

Most of the postings I read seemed to indicate use Klipsch subs for music and SVS subs for HT. Since I plan on putting together a HT set-up, seperate from my two other two-channel set-ups (both using Klipsch heritage speakers) I thought, not noting any other flaming occuring here about subwoofer products of differing brands, and the valid question of what works best with Klipsch heritage speakers in a HT set-up, I thought it might be OK to ask people I would consider the experts. Further, when I am done, I will have a total of 10 Klipsch speakers, so its not like I am an unloyal follower of the Klipsch brand.

Further:

1) Aragon electronics are promoted on the Klipsch web-site, but I note no angst over people owning and discussing other electronics.

2) I posted to the Klispch HT forum.

3) I am new to HT and putting together a system based on systems and advice I see here on what works well with Klipsch speakers and what is the AVS Forum and HTF, and Home Theater Spot?

- Lee

lshannon,

For what it's worth, I didn't mean to single you out. Yes it appears that way and for that I do appologize. I'm not in any way associated with Klipsch other than the fact they own my checking account. 4.gif9.gif. I just understand some of their frusterations with some of the things that are said and posted on this forum and from a business perspective? I can relate.

Again I appologize for seeming like an ***. 12.gif

No problem Moon.

It just seemed like I walked into a dark room

lit a match for light and found out that the funny smell was a natural gas leak and got blown right out on my rear.

You are probably right . . . it was rather indelicate of me . . . I should have done a search and emailed those who owned them.

I like Klipsch Subs...I think they sound nice...They look nice too...I think this BB is nice...It would be nice to own a Klipsch Sub one day...Any one giving one away? I promise to take very good care of it and start it every day.

By the way Klipsch put in a huge effort to make a sub series a cut above the previous line. Lets see...we used to have the KSW-10 through 15; Then all of a sudden RSW-10 through 15 were released...OH MY GOODNESS Klipsch came with the RUCKUS and we now have a product that is Superb with Music and home theater. Never heard SVS and I'm sure their Awesome subs, I've heard RSW 12 and 15 and know they're swesome subs.

when i was deciding on the proper SVS for my system i called SVS and they actually talked me into getting a lower model than i originally planned on getting. they are very professional and are there to make you happy before just getting a few extra bucks from a sale.

(i was going to go with an Ultra line but they recommended the pc+ that is in my signature to match my room, etc)

Write to Tom at SVS on their website. I asked the VERY same question - he had several questions for me, including:

1) What is my room size?

2) What listening level is typical for me?

3) Does my room open to an adjacent room?

4) Is there a corner I can place it in?

For MY setup, he recommended one of the smaller cube subs. Just send him a message telling him our particulars, you will get the answers you need as opposed to putting the question here. Hope that helped!

Popbumper1.gif