Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

mca_bagom

Outstanding flick. Already picked up my copy and watched it when I got home. The battle scenes really get the RSW-15 moving some air.

FWIW, my 14 year old thought it was a better movie than ROTK.

I wonder if they're going to make any movies from the series of books.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the storyline kind of slow. The sound effects were great though. Maybe I had too many beers and the hour was too late for me. I will have to watch again.

Just rented the Matrix Revelution and it has great spound effects. Lots of gunfire and blasting. Its a must see/hear. Moves faster than "Master and Commander", but still can not understand the whole matrix thing. Computer world vs. what? Never know when they are in or out of the matrix except when you see them strapped to a chair and plugged in.

----------------

On 5/3/2004 3:25:11 PM garymd wrote:

m00n,

It's a must have DVD. If you liked Gladiators, you'll like this. Nothing like cannonballs flying around and blowing through ships and people. Pretty good story too.

2.gif

----------------

Ok, you talked me into it! Stopping by the store tonight.

----------------

On 5/3/2004 9:28:34 PM m00n wrote:

Ok Gary, I bought it on my way home tonight. I hope it's as good as you say.
1.gif

----------------

I was just kidding m00n. It sucks!9.gif

After you watch it, I'll tell you how the book differs from the movie.

It was good. I nice addition to my DVD collection. not as much action as I had hoped, a little slow at times. Non the less I liked it. A worthy addition.

I really liked the opening battle, the storm scene was VERY GOOD I really enjoyed the audio in that!

I thought the movie was okay. The dialog was kind of hard to follow with the accents, etc. And during the storm, I couldn't hear what they were saying at all. Overall, a pretty good movie, but it was no Gladiator.

The did an excellent job with the soundtrack, though. One of the best I've heard. In the opening battle sequence, it actually sounded like I was below deck and could hear people above running around!!! Talk about aggressive use of the surrounds, too, they pulled out all the stops!

Yeah, the soundtrack was excellent. The overhead effects were great. In the beginning when they were below deck and people were running around on deck my wife and I both looked up at the ceiling. It sounded like people were running around in our attic.

I don't know about this one. It seem it's getting mixed reviews although I read that the sound track is cool. On the other hand, if I was into storm scenes and cannonballs flying around, I could always invite the EX-wife over for about five minutes. NOT! 1.gif