Fully tested RF7 with max volume...

v3spitfire

...by mistake

I some times route my amps through a straight line controler, bypassing the preamp. The controller serves as only a volume control. There is a bypass switch on the back that bypasses the volume (meaning it will send the full amp signal to the speakers). Apparently, my 4 year old got behind and pushed the switch w/o me knowing. I turn it on, put in a cd, guitars crunch with a sound as loud as I've ever heard. I'm startled enought that my coffee cup flies out of my hand into the wall. I jump to the volume control, turn it...nothing. Quickly I shut off the cd player. After I gather my composure and clean up the coffee, I know its time for a damage check. Whew! the wall and carpet are fine and the coffee didn't stain. Oh, the speakers, to my relief, no damage! It was only about 3 seconds, but it seemed longer, and the adcoms at full tilt were probably pushing a lot of power thru them. I guess I'm lucking it was guitars, and not some heavy bass notes. Anyway, the RFs can handle power!