Saving Private Ryan...

Kyler Cavers

Awesome movie. High schools should first show Stanley Tuccis Conspiracy, about the Wannsee Conference to implement "The Final Solution, then the incredible Schindlers List and finally that movie, to create a vivid, enduring and compelling portrait of morals, values, atrocities, courage, tragedy, war, honor and family.

7.gif

Oh, I dont know about owning it. Many of the most profound movies ever made, I sure wouldnt want to watch again for a very long time. Instead the ones that I do own and enjoy againa dna agin are simple, refreshing comedies: Babe, Princess Bride, etc.

----------------

On 4/27/2004 9:50:52 AM Colin wrote:

Oh, I dont know about owning it. Many of the most profound movies ever made, I sure wouldnt want to watch again for a very long time. Instead the ones that I do own and enjoy againa dna agin are simple, refreshing comedies: Babe, Princess Bride, etc.

----------------

I agree Colin. I own the DTS version of SPR but I've only watched it once. People talk of using the opening storming the beach scene for demo material, I find that just morbid. I can't imagine someone being so calloused.

I just tend to watch all movies more then once.....A good movie is worth a few more watches to see and hear things you missed the first time....

I do like my comedies...Animal House is my newest to the collection.....

some can only watch a movie once...while others can watch it repeatedly ...

nothing wrong with either

----------------

On 4/27/2004 11:29:33 AM gtDark wrote:

----------------

On 4/27/2004 9:50:52 AM Colin wrote:

Oh, I don’t know about owning it. Many of the most profound movies ever made, I sure wouldn’t want to watch again for a very long time. Instead the ones that I do own and enjoy againa dna agin are simple, refreshing comedies: Babe, Princess Bride, etc.

----------------

I agree Colin. I own the DTS version of SPR but I've only watched it once. People talk of using the opening storming the beach scene for demo material, I find that just morbid. I can't imagine someone being so calloused.

----------------

The reality of war IS morbid. The same thing is happening now. Had our government protected us from our stupid selves in the early '70's, we probably wouldn't be in the position we are in now. Yet we still drive our gas guzzlers while paying thru the nose for fuel as our dollars go to some lunatic in a foreign country so that they can better equip themselves to kill us.

I watched SPR again last night and enjoyed the movie very much.

Just my thoughts.

Keith

----------------

On 4/27/2004 11:29:33 AM gtDark wrote:

I can't imagine someone being so calloused.

----------------

I guess I never thought of it that way. It IS kind of callous, I remember how shocking it was when I saw it in the theater for the first time.

On the other hand is one scene that will blow you away, even on a modest surround sound system. (I've used it several times to show off my system.)

Also, I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I think Princess Bride is a stupid movie. (And yes, I do own that one too...it was only $10.00.) 9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 4/27/2004 7:41:55 AM Colin wrote:

Awesome movie. High schools should first show Stanley Tucci’s Conspiracy, about the Wannsee Conference to implement "The Final Solution,” then the incredible Schindler’s List and finally that movie, to create a vivid, enduring and compelling portrait of morals, values, atrocities, courage, tragedy, war, honor and family.

7.gif

----------------

That was a good movie and that would be great idea you have Colin for high schools to do. About playability i really like a good comedy over and over myself and nothing beats classic rock dvds in opinion for total satisfactional playback over and over.