Attn Southern/Central Cali...THX Ultra2 Just In!

TheSoundBroker

Hey come on, don't jump to conclusions and start making derogatory remarks. Remember when Brent Huskins, the big Parasound Dealer first began making his presence known here? You guys all jumped down his throat like he was the devil. And then when you all realized he was the real deal, everyone apologized and ended up getting insane discounts by ordering direct from him. So give the guy a chance. What the hell's the point of being a d!ckhead? Everyone will just get p!ssed off.

I didn't mean to be uncool, but the guy has given us all hype, and no real information. Seems like someone who just hangs out at an electronics store, and tells us what they tell him. In the other post he states that the system can run anywhere from $6500 to 19,000, which is a pretty big range, but now the other guy comes in and tells us exactly what the prices are. How hard was that? Then he said that they only have about five hours on the system, and when we ask him why, he doesn't respond. My apologies if you're on the up and up, but it sounds like Bull$#!t to me.

----------------

Why? How much is it? Do you even know?

And, you're telling me that if I went into a store with $10k in my pocket, you would turn me away if I didn't get it installed? Please.

You might get away with that for a week or two, but I know I wouldn't pay extra for something that, not only I
CAN
do myself, but that I'd
RATHER
do myself.

----------------

The certification classes run a few thousand dollars plus travel and lodging.

And yes, Klipsch requires you to set it up as a dealer. They want to make sure every system is installed. Does that mean you couln't help...not at all...but the dealer is supposed to install it as part of their agreement with Klipsch.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

Just curious on how they are implementing the installation process... and if resembles what JBL has been marketing (for a while) with their
?

In other words, does the installation include a room analysis and fine-tuning of the system to the room by a trained installer?

Target audience seems similar...
1.gif

Rob

----------------

There is no formal installation process and the system isn't quite as extensive or expensive as a Synthesis system (performance wise, with *good* electronics, it is equally good though!)

We do fine tuning anyways, but this doesn't mean that every installer will. We usually do room acoustics as part of the system as well since this is an integral part of tuning the system and no good system should be installed without it.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

On 5/1/2004 5:46:41 AM Darren wrote:

Kevin - where are you located? I live in the Middle East, but will be in Southern Cal this summer for vacation (Santa Clarita, if you know where that is). How far are you from there?

----------------

We are in the Ventura/Oxnard area. Santa Clarita is at the other side of the 126 freeway...a quick 30 minute drive.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

On 5/1/2004 6:19:45 AM HornEd wrote:

Hmmm... does that mean I could buy two sets of Ultra2 Front Arrays with matching Subs for a 6.1 system... and leave THX dipole mania behind? -HornEd

----------------

Yup! You can do a full 650 array with all matching large monitors if you want! 9.gif

Kevin

The Sound Broker

Hi All

We will give free THX room Mode Calculations

to anyone interested in any THX certified product We also have in home consultations for any of the DIY/Home contractors That prefer to install the system If you are patient and have a little mechanical ability you can install you own system and can learn allot about your system in the process Or you can do the majority of the work and then use a service to terminate and calibrate your system and them certify your room We will be demoing the full THX system soon and will gladly give any Tec support we can offer and for those on a strict budget

(I CAN RELATE!!) You should be able to acquire the system in pieces and build it over time

Hope this helps

----------------

On 5/2/2004 11:59:15 AM toddvj wrote:

I didn't mean to be uncool, but the guy has given us all hype, and no real information. Seems like someone who just hangs out at an electronics store, and tells us what they tell him. In the other post he states that the system can run anywhere from $6500 to 19,000, which is a pretty big range, but now the other guy comes in and tells us exactly what the prices are. How hard was that? Then he said that they only have about five hours on the system, and when we ask him why, he doesn't respond. My apologies if you're on the up and up, but it sounds like Bull$#!t to me.

----------------

Got up on the wrong side of the bed did we? Man, why is it so many people are so angry in the audio world? 8.gif This stuff is supposed to be FUN 9.gif. Just because I didn't post the retail prices...which I am not sure if I am allowed to do on the KLIPSCH forum (remember...this isn't your forum, this belongs to Klipsch and retailers have certain rules they have to follow), I get jumped on. I thought this was supposed to be a place for Klipsch theater enthusiasts and here I am letting people know that Klipsch's new top line purpose built theater system is out, and available to be listed to in our area and the guy jumps down my throat, accuses me of being an audio store flunkie, and makes me out to be some sort of bad guy...sheesh! Yah, that will make me want to post a LOT more information.

Saying "what is the price" is like saying "what will my system cost me". It DEPENDS on how you configure it which is what I pointed out. As for why I didn't respond quicker...well...being the OWNER of a high end audio business does tend to make you just a WEE bit busy, particularly these days with lots of IRS refund checks floating around. At that point we had five hours on the system...we have more on it now and it keeps getting better.

And I should clarify on the installation thing. If you want to do the install yourself, that is fine, but we need to work with the DIY person and check the system to make sure it is calibrated and installed correctly. Is that a bad thing? What Klipsch doesn't want is for people just to sell boxes. They want to make sure this system is correctly installed and properly calibrated. Folks...this is a GOOD thing! It shows they care about the performance you achieve. If you are talented with power tools and want to route the wiring and mount the speakers yourself...that is fine...but the dealer does need to be involved and if they care at all, they should be involved. It should be a partnership between you and the dealer...not an adversarial relationship like some people seem to think.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

Got up on the wrong side of the bed did we? Man, why is it so many people are so angry in the audio world?
8.gif
This stuff is supposed to be FUN
9.gif
. Just because I didn't post the retail prices...which I am not sure if I am allowed to do on the KLIPSCH forum (remember...this isn't your forum, this belongs to Klipsch and retailers have certain rules they have to follow), I get jumped on. I thought this was supposed to be a place for Klipsch theater enthusiasts and here I am letting people know that Klipsch's new top line purpose built theater system is out, and available to be listed to in our area and the guy jumps down my throat, accuses me of being an audio store flunkie, and makes me out to be some sort of bad guy...sheesh! Yah, that will make me want to post a LOT more information.

Saying "what is the price" is like saying "what will my system cost me". It DEPENDS on how you configure it which is what I pointed out. As for why I didn't respond quicker...well...being the
OWNER
of a high end audio business does tend to make you just a WEE bit busy, particularly these days with lots of IRS refund checks floating around. At that point we had five hours on the system...we have more on it now and it keeps getting better.

And I should clarify on the installation thing. If you want to do the install yourself, that is fine, but we need to work with the DIY person and check the system to make sure it is calibrated and installed correctly. Is that a bad thing? What Klipsch doesn't want is for people just to sell boxes. They want to make sure this system is correctly installed and properly calibrated. Folks...this is a GOOD thing! It shows they care about the performance you achieve. If you are talented with power tools and want to route the wiring and mount the speakers yourself...that is fine...but the dealer does need to be involved and if they care at all, they should be involved. It should be a partnership between you and the dealer...not an adversarial relationship like some people seem to think.

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

Kevin,

Nice post. I read some of your posts in the thread where you and Moon were discussing his theater layout and found your comments to be full of insight and generally very helpful. Don't let the occassional negative post detract you from posting here. Most of us are very interested in what you have to say...

David

----------------

On 5/4/2004 11:14:55 AM SoundBroker wrote:

...being the
OWNER
of a high end audio business

Kevin

The Sound Broker

----------------

well, i am doing very well where i am, and New Orleans,Louisiana IS my home, but you MAY want a guy like me(13+yrs in electronics sales/9+yrs.installation-system design) to work with you someday,and the weather in California is nice...10.gif

avman.