If any of you are recording tonights episode of Friends...

m00n

----------------

On 5/3/2004 1:59:31 AM toddvj wrote:

m00n, you should think about investing in a TiVo.

----------------

Yeah I know. My wife wants one. I've been putting it off, but maybe I will look into them.

----------------

On 5/3/2004 10:55:37 AM gtDark wrote:

I too never really watched Friends. I have seen like every episode of Seinfeld though. People at work probably think I'm crazy because I'm laughing at all of your quotes (I can picture every single episode).

Here's a couple more:

Marble rye

Rusty and beef-o-reno (sp?)

Man hands

----------------

I think the marble rye and beef-a-reno were the same episode. Kramer was delaying Susan's parents with the horse and buggy ride (along with the beef-a-reno farts) while Jerry stole the last marble rye from the old lady to replace the loaf that George's parents brought to the dinner when the parents first met and his father tucked in his coat before leaving since nobody ate any. Great episode!

I have a group of friends (mostly couples) who have had a weekly "friends" night every thursday for the past 6 or 7 years (too damn long in reality :) ). We alternate friends houses every week and that couple or person cooks dinner and dessert for our group. So every 6 or so weeks I(me and the mrs) have to cook for 12-14 people plus our groups growing cache of kids (10 kids ages 18mo to 12 years). The other 5 weeks I get to eat at someone elses house. Even during repeat times we do this and, FINALLY, while I love the show, it will be over! The only thing is, Im sure the ladies in our group wont let us stop :(

I actually brought some more people into the "friends" group last year as some of our singles got married to eachother and shortened the rotation. We were down to each of us cooking once a month which gets to be a pain for so large of group.

Oh well, enough rambling, this week is our "friends" night and we're gonna have a full house, though we told them we're not cooking. They are gonna get pizza as we dont want to worry about prep/ cooking/ clean up and end up missing parts the final episode. My wife is to thank for that idea :)

Score: Me= 1522, Wife= 1 11.gif Good job honey!

jagangjee: My image library is as big as the web, my man! And, then some! 2.gif (I do web development and image editing for the corporation I work for. Lots of resources!)

----------------

On 5/4/2004 9:19:07 PM cluless wrote:

I have seen 1/2 of an episode of Seinfeld.

I have seen 0 episodes of Friends.

I have seen 0 episodes of Survivor or any other Reality TV thingies.

----------------

Explains why you have so much time to post on here... 3.gif

I watched it tonight, and it was cute (who didn't notice the mini?) but quite predictable. I'm not really dedicated to any show except maybe which ever of Rides / Overhauling / American hotrod I happen to catch. I actually find spending an hour or so infront of the TV quality time in the sense that it actually gives my GF and I some time together... otherwise she works and I run the house.

OTH I don't watch newsmedia unless it's scientific news... as its simply too sensational, feeding into peoples fears for profit.

Opps... a little off topic... 2.gif

Rob

----------------

On 5/4/2004 9:19:07 PM cluless wrote:

I live on a different planet..

I have seen 1/2 of an episode of Seinfeld.

I have seen 0 episodes of Friends.

I have seen 0 episodes of Survivor or any other Reality TV thingies.

Hey, what can I say, I'm Cluless.

----------------

I must be on the same planet...

I did see some Seinfeld and I did watch the first couple episode as well as the last two episodes of the first season of Survivor, but since then, did not watch it at all. I've never seen an episode of Friends, though, and did not even bother to watch the final one last night. I don't even have it recorded on my TiVo.

However, I do have all seven season of Star Trek:The Next Generation on DVD. Also have all seven seasons of Star Trek:Deep Space Nine on DVD. I have the first season of Star Trek:Voyager and will get the others as they come out. Also heard the original episodes will be released on DVD this year (I've seen some bootleg versions floating around, though).

I also have alot of stuff saved on my TiVo that I recorded off of Discovery and TLC, mostly episodes of American HotRod, American Chopper, Monster Garage, Monster House, and Junkyard Wars. The only thing is that I have not really gotten around to watching much of it. Dang near filled up the full 100 hours or so of capacity on that thing.

Just goes to show how much I really pay attention to the TV. Much rather be outside to be honost, especially now that the weather has gotten so friggan nice around here!

----------------

On 5/3/2004 12:25:59 PM m00n wrote:

----------------

On 5/3/2004 1:59:31 AM toddvj wrote:

m00n, you should think about investing in a TiVo.

----------------

Yeah I know. My wife wants one. I've been putting it off, but maybe I will look into them.

----------------

Damn m00n! After spending all that money dickering around with that HT setup you got, and you can't spare an extra $100 to get your wife a TiVo? 11.gif

I ended up buying my parents one for a Mother's Day gift.

----------------

On 5/7/2004 3:58:31 PM m00n wrote:

Is there anyway to hook your tivo up to a PC so that I can burn content onto a DVD?

----------------

The most straigt-forward way is just hook up the output of the TiVo into a video-capture card and transfer the video that way.

However, I hear, although I did not yet look myself, that there are utlities that you could get that will extract data from a TiVo-formatted harddrive.

Here is one site that explains how to download video from a TiVo into a computer.