Anyone want to split a pair of belles with me ?

Dale W

I've been looking for a belle as a center channel for some time now , there is a pair of walnut belles on e-bay right now. Does anyone here want to go " halfs " on this pair ??

They are sitting around the 1k mark right now, but will likly go a bit higher.

Even at $1500.00 or so thats olny $750.00 each for a incredible center channel speaker . I'll bid with my acount or yours , any takers ???

Thanks Lynnm , nice to be back .

I'm very thankfull for my klipschorns right about now , my best friend and i went to a invite olny audio showing at Audio Ark in edmonton just this passed week.

The owners son from " CLEAR AUDIO " was there , all the way from germany , plus the owners son from " magnaplaner" and a factory rep from "Audio Research". Each room had one model of planer one model of tube amp and one model of clear audio turntable going.

Adding up the price tag in each room was ---------- well holy fricken crap !!!!!!!

Thats all i have to say on that topic .

This so called elite high end kit had nothing on the old horns 2.gif Fact is i could hardly stand the tick tick crack pop pop spit crack tick sound coming off clear audios 80k table . I would have been embarassed to run that demo.

The audio reasearch flagship tube amp ( 32 or so tubes in this beast, 8 - 6550's alone !) could'nt drive the big maggies !!!!!!! they were useing a " SS " mark levinson to run the bottoms !! Now thats rude . That poor old tube amp was pouring out so much heat we could hardly breath in the demo room which was about 35 x 24 with 15 or so people seated at one time. Four ohms though.

Anyway i was more then glad to eat there cheese and drink there wine, but was even happier to get home and listen to my horns again. I did get a chance to touch feel and grovel over the " VPI " scout / junior and one other model thats slipping my mind right now. I do believe this will be the direction i lean towards as far as a turntable goes.

• Moderators

Dale,

I was going to try and get that same pair, but I don't want to be bidding against a fellow forum member. Can you let me know if you are able to find someone to go in with you, or if you are real serious about that particular set. They peaked my interest becasue I can drive to Tulsa to pick them up and don't have to risk having them shipped.

Let me know,

Travis

Thank you for the offer. It's very tempting since I am toying with the idea of using a Belle Klipsch as a center channel with my 2003 Klipschorns. But I'm looking for a medium oak finish to match the Khorns and, if I decide go this route, will probably buy a new Belle. Tom

There all yours if you want both travis .

I've got enough klipsch in my house to do 3 or 4 people , if your that close then good luck on your bidding and i'll pull back . I'm in canada so shipping is always a hassle plus the 1.33 exchange rate.

I'm sure i'll find my single belle some day .15.gif Plus i'm really after a black one.

• Moderators

----------------

On 5/1/2004 10:22:56 AM DALE WALKER wrote:

There all yours if you want both travis .

I've got enough klipsch in my house to do 3 or 4 people , if your that close then good luck on your bidding and i'll pull back . I'm in canada so shipping is always a hassle plus the 1.33 exchange rate.

I'm sure i'll find my single belle some day .15.gif Plus i'm really after a black one.

----------------

Thanks Dale,

I see they are up over 1,300 now so it remains to be seen if they stay reasonable. I mispoke, they are in AZ, which is still possible for my to pick up rather then risk shipping. If I do get them, I will give you first choice to buy one of them when I split them up to use one as a center later on.

I will let you know how it works out.

Travis

----------------

On 5/1/2004 8:03:38 PM gullahisland wrote:

This is just a hunch...but my bet is that they come awfully close to $2K...+/- $150.

Wagers?

----------------

Even so, factor in no shipping costs and no shipping risks and they aren't as unreasonable as it may seem.

2K would be just over $2600.00 canadian plus shipping and that nasty old duty at the border.15.gif

For all the scalas and khorns i've pasted on over the years , i could have made a small fortune selling them to my good american friends1.gif

Gezz that pair of 1989 black khorns i picked up this winter for $1500.00 canadian could have fetched a tidy profit selling to the south. I olny wish i'd come across them before lynnm bought his at a much steaper price tag.

No worries !! I'll find what i'm looking for sooner or later .

----------------

On 5/1/2004 8:29:47 PM garymd wrote:

----------------

On 5/1/2004 8:03:38 PM gullahisland wrote:

This is just a hunch...but my bet is that they come awfully close to $2K...+/- $150.

Wagers?

----------------

Even so, factor in no shipping costs and no shipping risks and they aren't as unreasonable as it may seem.

----------------

Who said that it's unreasonable? That's just my guess as to the price they'll command. Quite frankly, I think the Belles are "The Belle of the Heritage ball". And that pair looks awfully nice.

----------------

On 5/3/2004 12:03:09 AM gullahisland wrote:

So who got 'em?

I was correct on the over/under estimate. Sold at $1,925.25!

----------------

Hard to believe !! Belles selling for as much if not more then khorns , granted they are one of the best looking heritage series but 2k for used belles is ------------- well --------- too much . Scalas do the same job but don't look so pretty , personally i don't look at whats playing my music i tend to listen more .

But i guess 2k used is better then the cost of new .