Shipping Question

merk

There's a product called insta pak, which basically expands to the shape of your item inside the box, creating a nice foam shell around it. I'd always double box as well to prevent gouging or corner drops as an issue. a few extra bucks, but you'll be sure....

I would first cut a circular piece of masonite or double-wall cardboard to attach to the frame, protecting the cone. Better yet, how about bolting it to a square piece of 1/4" plywood (cut to the same size as the box)? Use 2" of foam all around, avoid peanuts getting in through the frame behind the cone (place the woofer/ply combo in a plastic bag before adding "fill").

Wrap the horns individually with bubblewrap well enough so you could drop them w/o damage. If you're trying to get it all in one box, I would put the woofers one at each end facing out (remember the 2" of foam), and carefully fit the horns in-between. Make sure that if they shift a bit, they won't damage the woofer cones. You have to plan for someone (or some thing) shaking, dropping, kicking the crap out of your box.

----------------

On 5/2/2004 9:31:10 AM 3dzapper wrote:

My advice is to bolt the two woofers together, face to face. That will protect the delicate cones. Then follow the advise above.

Rick

----------------

Great idea, Rick!

----------------

On 5/2/2004 1:09:36 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 5/2/2004 9:31:10 AM 3dzapper wrote:

My advice is to bolt the two woofers together, face to face. That will protect the delicate cones. Then follow the advise above.

Rick

----------------

Great idea, Rick!

----------------

I suggest adding a sheet of plywood with drilled-out bolt holes between the face-to-face speakers -- the bolts will hold it all together very nicely.

I use the crap out of bubble wrap when I ship anything although that instapack stuff sounds intrigiung. If I'm confident I could drop it off a 2nd story balcony onto concrete with no damage, then I know I packed it well enough.2.gif

Thanks all, I did a little of everything except the wood. I wanted to keep the weight down for the buyer. I sat each woofer on top of 2 1/2 inches of styrofoam and bubble-wrapped the crap out of everything. I lined the sides with 1 inch stryrofoam and 2 in on the top. I shook everything good and nothing shifted at all. Should be good to go...

Rudy, how are you man? Just shipping the drivers from that damaged KLF-30. Didn't get picked up for UPT so I'm working my PPL right now. 5 hrs down and 45 to go!!! Shoot me an email on hotmail when you get a chance.

Merk