Suggest outdoor speakers

yO!

I am about to build a deck for my backyard and already thinking of relaxing on it and listening to some music on a warm summer day...and yet I have no clue what are some good outdoor weather-PROOF speakers!

I can't find the thread, but someone started one maybe a month or 2 ago where some Yammies for around $100 were discussed ... maybe it was AVMAN. Not sure though.

I know Klipsch makes some Synergy outdoor speaks, but I'm not sure how great those will sound and I'm definitely limited by the price. Let's keep this sucker under $200 for a pair, but the cheaper the price the better. I'm not expecting the world out of these speaks, just something that will sound nice (not overly loud, I live in a close-to-other-houses community) and can stay outside, uncovered all year long (prefer mounting to house).

Thanks!!!

I bought the Infinity outriggers. THey sound very open outdoors w/ fair bass (your not going to get great bass outdoors). I bought a floor model for about $200. 3 years in northern Indiana weather, still running (Manual says don't play them below 30 degrees, so I don't.)

I would look at the Paradigm Stylus Series. I have heard all of them, and am quite impressed with the sound quality for outdoors and indoor speakers. They also come with a "metal" mounting bracket.

For your price range look at the Stylus 100 or 150's, follow the link below.

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/SiteParadigmProduct/ParadigmModels/Stylus/stylusseries.html

enjoy the summer.

----------------

On 5/5/2004 11:40:22 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Look at the HS-2's,,,, Or whatever the replacement is. I am happy with them for about 160?? a pair on sale.

----------------

Who makes the HS-2's? Paradigm? Kinda confused...

Go to the products page, architectural,all weather....

HS-1's are still for sale... or the newer models. This should help you a lot. The local Village Pantry store here installed them outside to provide music for the parking lot as you get gas. They really sounded nice for an outdoor all weather speaker!

For long term care for those of us in the north, (read cold winters!!) Just take them down around Thanksgiving and back out around May 1st. They will last a lot longer if you do this too.

i say performance and value in the Klipsch outdoor speakers starts w/the SA-1's,and up.

i have 2 pair of SA-3's going outside real soon6.gif

for a GREAT value in a lower-priced outdoor speaker,see if you can find Yamaha NSAW-1W speakers. they can go for less than $100/pr. and NOTHING near to that price comes close.

avman.

I use the pawn shop for my outdoor speakers as long as they arn't in the direct rain. This way I can get something with some half way decent sound with 10 or 12" woofers. If thay last a year, I figure that I got my moneys worth. I have a pair of Yamaha speakers in the back yard that are going on three years now. I paid $60.00 for them at a local pawn shop. I also do the same,and use a receiver and cd player in the back yard. I thought for sure that the receiver would have bit the dust by now, but it is also going strong. It too has been out there for about three years in the humid Florida weather.

While I appreciate the Paradigm and Klipsch KHO-7 suggestions, these prices are in the $250 - 450 range! KHO-7's are $400. If it is just background music for outside on the deck, is it really necessary to spend this kind of money to get some nice sound?!! I was originally thinking $200 or under would easily handle it.... just seems very pricy for what you get, or maybe I'm losing it :)

we don't have the yammys anymore,but i have sold and installed over 50 pair of them in the last 4 years,without problems.

best bang for the under-$125/pr.-buck..

someone found them for as little as $78/pr.!!

love_hertz:

check w/me for a deal on SA-1's/2's/3's,UNLESS you also need to be under $199/pr.

avman.