RSW-12 or RSW-15

nevadagold

I've just upgraded from RF-3's to RF-7's and I'm looking to upgrade my KSW-12 to a RSW-12 or RSW-15. The room that my setup is in is fairly small and Music listening is more important than home theater. My local dealer feels that the RSW-12 is tighter than the RSW-15. I haven't listened to the RSW-15, but have compared the RSW-12 to the KSW-12, which is night and day. Was looking for some opinions on this before I buy.

"My local dealer feels that the RSW-12 is tighter than the RSW-15"

Placebo deluxe at work,the RSW15 goes a bit deeper and plays LOUDER.

For the record I own all three RSW subs 1.gif So some dealer can keep his opinions.

----------------

On 5/5/2004 7:06:07 PM Tweek wrote:

Ear may i ask what you do for a living?

----------------

I float in the air and travel to many high end stores...and purchase subs for a living! Money grows on my money tree. 9.gif

Yeah right,I seel PC's,servers,configure them.You know the quality PC's to people who have money and are willing to pay for quality and blazing performance,no garbage sub $1000 gear most sell.16.gif

And when I have some free time I post at message boards and irritate the normal peeps by bashing their inferior subs on AudioReview.com

I love when a bum starts to rant on why did I compare my sub to his carboard $99 unit and poking fun at it.

Thanks for all the posts guys, unfortunately I don't have a way to directly compare the two and still unsure. The size of my room is also a concern with space for the sub as well. It's 11 x 17. Gonna have to give this some more thought.

Reduced bass extension is often referred to as being "tighter". Modern recordings often contain low frequency harmonics in the original disk... the bigger sub will let you hear them while the smaller one will roll them off (acting a little like an EQ).

I think both subs are great choices, but I'd personally prefer the bigger one as I like my music whole. 2.gif

Rob

----------------

On 5/4/2004 11:40:11 AM nevadagold wrote:

The room that my setup is in is fairly small

>This is the FIRST reason to GET THE RSW-12<

and Music listening is more important than home theater.

>this is ANOTHER REASON TO GET THE RSW-12(don't get me wrong here,the RSW-15 does music VERY well!!)

IMHO (and i HAVE compared the 2,side-by-side,IN A SMALL ROOM)

avman.

----------------