PLEASE, please help me find a 3803!! im desperate!

Ou8thisSN

I'm looking for a new 3803 and pretty much EVERYONE has the 3805. i was hoping to spend no more than like $700 incl shipping. For a while 6thave.com had it for 649.03 incl. ground shipping and im kicking myself now because i didnt order then. If some dealer out there or someone knows wehre i can get one NEW still, i'll be really greatful, please help me out...!

i just found out that the denon 1083 and the 3803 are the same. I will be heading home this weekend to see if tweeter is willing to deal for what the internet prices are offering. if not, i guess i'll try this model online. damn i wish i had acted on the 6th ave deal.

head over to listenup.com, if they have any in stock i know you can get a good deal. I bought a 3803 and 2803 from them a few months back. I think Phil was the guy i talked to and your price should be dead on if you can talk the talk.

Dave

if you are willing to do b-stock (refurbished by Denon). there are a few on ebay around $700. they are sold from an authorized dealer with a full warrenty i checked the denon web site. the warrenty is the same as if it were brand new. I bought my cd player that way from harman kardon on ebay.

okay, so I ended up buying the Denon 1083, which is the equivalent to the 3803, except its sold through different outlets. I couldnt find any 3803s online anywhere, and then on AVSforum someone said 1083 is the same as the 3803, but its a little cheaper. Supposedly at one time it was sold at sears, before they dropped denon, and there are a bunch of those models floating around. Anyway, a lot of the online dealers were selling it for like 680 or so, but I went with my trusted dealer who sold me the klipsch speakers for $735. At leats all the dealers were up front about the gray area that would exist if i need warranty problems, and it was essentailly without any warranty; i'd get screwed if something were to go wrong because denon wouldnt touch it, and neither would they. But they offered to sell me an extended warranty for $50, which makes it the same price my dealer offered. So I instead chose to go with my original man, and hopefully it will arrive by the end of this week.

So anyone looking for a 3803, look for a 1083. dont get the numbers mixed up though, there is a 1803, a 1083 and a 3803. the latter two are the same models, the first isnt.