the worlds best HT in a box!!!

Tweek

Oh wow! What exquisit sound reproduction that thing must have! I love the discrpition where it says "Five speakers plus a subwoofer deliver the 360-degree surround sound and floor-shaking bass you've dreamed of."

Floor shaking bass! Ohhh, I gotta get one!

Just for S&G's, I'll have to check if the local Wally*World has one setup. Would be fun to try to play something on it. Probably would end up sounding just as one would expect a $55 HTiB setup to sound - that is - not much.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3987&dept=3944&product_id=2128763&path=0%3A3944%3A3987%3A77622%3A4477

^ THE STATE OF THE ART DURABRAND

100w of TOTAL power wow dudes that is a lot

*Five satellite speakers delivering crystal-clear sound complement a subwoofer that makes the house shake*

now they are really going a little overboard, to say it has HOUSE shaking bass, comon wal-mart who are you trying to kid.

Would you believe my husband and I just won one of these in a drawing. We bought tickets for a fund raiser, thinking of it as a donation. Then we found out that we won. I was like, cool...an extra DVD player for the bedroom. The one we actually received, however, doesn't have the built in DVD player. Just a 5.1 decoder, sub, & sats. We haven't even taken it out of the box. I guess we'll give it a whirl just for the heck of it. Or we'll give it away as a gift. Haven't decided yet.

• Like 1

----------------

On 5/7/2004 4:06:33 PM georgie wrote:

We haven't even taken it out of the box. I guess we'll give it a whirl just for the heck of it. Or we'll give it away as a gift. Haven't decided yet.

----------------

If it was me, I'd probably hook it up just to check it out. I guess part of it is that I do like to play with new gadgets, even if they are some cheap HTiB set.

Now, I very recently almost did buy an HTiB. The local Best Buy is letting those Samsung/Klipsch SK-6 sets go for around $380! I am tempted to buy one to use as the sound system on the computer. I'd be willing to bet that thing is better than the ProMedia 5.1 Ultras, plus I could always get a better reciever in the future.

My brother has that exact htib. I tried to calibrate it for him but it couldn't even reach enough spl in order for my meter to read it at 70db from the listening position about 12 feet away. It's kind of a shame because it truly isn't worth the box it's packed in. The sub drops off sharply around 40 Hz, the DVD player makes loud noises, and sometimes the control functions don't even work right. I don't know why a manufacturer would even bother making such a product. Funny.

hahhahahahaha

i went to Wally World (aka Wal-Mart) with my uncle earlier today and they had one of the $55 home theaters setup, we couldnt stop laughing, WOW what a piece of crap, the sub is about the size of one ProMedia Ultra satellite, it was pathetic, i dunno why they even bother selling it

my uncle has a nice Boston Acoustics home theater setup, 36" Mitsubishi, and custom sub, its nice