Tung-sol England 6DJ8 Yea or Nay ??

NOSValves

I picked this up on eBay NOS TUNG-SOL England 6DJ8/ECC88 it has a code 3222ZY-C it has a round getter ring. I paid a whopping $9 shipped for this should I go to the trouble of pulling the Blueberry out and sliding it in ?

Craig

Definately! While you are in there try a Tele 12AX7 and some of those Mullard 4024s. I am leaving the cover off the BB for now, I have a Phi;;ips(Holland) 6922 in that position now and have a couple more to try. I have to say that they are all good, but so far the Phillips has the most detail without losing anything else of the OE and a couple of others I tried. I need to find a Tele cheap and a Mullard for a song to try also.

Rick

PS I'm using the 12AT7s thatMark sent OE with the BB on the Jolida/ Heresy combo. Nice clean rock and roll sound. Good bass, sharp attack no "flubbiness".

----------------

On 5/17/2004 4:03:29 PM NOSValves wrote:

LOL !! Your amp is on its way buy the way but I forgot to throw this tube in !! Darn It LOL !!
----------------

Thanks Craig.

To share the humor with everyone else, four days ago Craig tells me I need to look for replacement 6DJ8's. Ironically, he then posts this question. Of course, I couldn't resist.

For the record, I know nothing about the tube in question. All I know is I need it.3.gif

Strabo,

Just watch those single on eBay and if you like have it sent here for testing for free you just pay the shipping onto to you $4 for priority. I test tubes for all my customers for free. I figure better to test them for free then have a bad tube be installed and cause problems that I have to fix. Tubes ship a heck of allot cheaper then amps !

Craig

Rick,

I am running the CV4024 and was running a Amperex 7308 USA that I'm pretty sure is a fake at least that is what Dean told me. Believe it or not I bought it from Joe Circio long ago for a ST70. The ST70 was sold off with 3 Amperex Bugle boy 6DJ8's Grrrr ! I have been running a TFK Smooth plate 12AX7 also. What did you want smooth or ribbed ? I'll cut you a deal on one if I don't have to break up a set in one of my Scotts I do have a few spares. I also have a Mullard that will work fine but is about half gone like they always are. Just let me know what you think a deal is ! Oh I know free right 2.gif

Craig