Need a good subwoofer

Bob_Collins

I never said you hadn't heard the RSW-15, read more carefully. 110-113 db at 20 hz? where do you get these numbers? who made the measurments? 110-113 is a pretty big difference (it would be the diference of doubling amplifier power, though you already know that).

----------------

On 5/19/2004 6:45:59 AM Bob_Collins wrote:

----------------

On 5/18/2004 8:40:11 PM TheEAR wrote:

You are looking at a sub around $3000 that will match with ANY large speakers,perform music duty with finesse and have mad output down low when called upon.Or serve as a killer HT sub,with giant output and refined when needed...

----------------

Ear, you hit on the head exactly the qualities I am seeking, and my goal (to get the most for the money spent). I will definitely give a look and find a dealer to give a listen to the Revel B15.

Just a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. First, does this sub have a connection to the TV to produce the visual graph out, or do I use a sound meter to calibrate it manually?

Also, how do you compare the Revel against the Paradigm Signature Servo? Do you know anything about the Kleiss S15A?

And finally, just how important is it to EQ the sub for the flattest response? Michael Hurd mentioned earlier that:

----------------

if you tame a peak at one listening position, then you are surely adding peaks at another.

----------------

With this being the case, should I be worried about having that EQ circuitry like the Velodyne DD, or even trying to manually EQ it at all?

Sorry to be so clueless here, but this will be my first sub, and I want to get it right.

----------------

NO the Revel B15 sub does not have any electronic(with on screen menu)auto correction circuits like the new Sunfire or the DD series from Velodyne.

YES the Revel B15 comes with software to help you make a perfect match with the rest of the speakers and a three band parametric EQ!

The overall quality and quantity of bass is very impressive,plus when the setup is well made this sub blends in to perfection with any mains you may have.

Good luck with your subwoofer experimentation,well with a B15 luck is not needed

1.gif

----------------

On 5/19/2004 7:25:05 AM CAS wrote:

Am I the only one who gets a little tired of the "supposedly kiddding" condescending tone of the Ear person?

I hope not. All opinions matter when it comes to such a hard to measure subject called sound.

In any case, you should audition all you can and bring your own material to your dealer for a constant. Also, there is a website you can visit in order to get in touch with those who own SVS for a possible demo meet. I'm sure they'd be happy to accomodate you. Price wise, you can't usually go wrong with SVS.

----------------

YES you are the only peep who gets tired of my tone,welcome aboard.You will need all the endurance you can muster I own the subwoofer section.And more subs you can count

16.gif

----------------

On 5/19/2004 7:25:05 AM CAS wrote:

Am I the only one who gets a little tired of the "supposedly kiddding" condescending tone of the Ear person?

I hope not. All opinions matter when it comes to such a hard to measure subject called sound.

In any case, you should audition all you can and bring your own material to your dealer for a constant. Also, there is a website you can visit in order to get in touch with those who own SVS for a possible demo meet. I'm sure they'd be happy to accomodate you. Price wise, you can't usually go wrong with SVS.

----------------

YES you are the only peep who gets tired of my tone,welcome aboard.You will need all the endurance you can muster I own the subwoofer section.And more subs you can count

16.gif

----------------

On 5/20/2004 10:15:20 AM CECAA850 wrote:

----------------

On 5/18/2004 8:40:11 PM TheEAR wrote:

What guidande can you ask for from people who own a few Klipsch and SVS? LOL

----------------

People that can spell? LOL
2.gif

----------------

Or those "who" can use proper English 3.gif

kidding!2.gif

Hopefully this coming Friday I will be auditioning the Revel B15a, and will get to be there to assist or at least see how to use the LFO software and 3 band parametric EQ on this sub to match it to the mains and room.

After that demo, I hope to make it to another dealer to audition the Paradigm Signature Servo, and just for good measure, a pair of Paradigm Servo 15's.

I'm going to try to listen as many different ones (highly regarded ones, that is) as I can, and will report when I make a decision and lay down the cash!!!

In the meantime, all help, guidance, and opinions are welcomed.

Thanks!