RF 7's-Should I be concerned?

Bill H.

Hi all,

I have a chance to get RF 7's at a good price. This is the sellers description- should I be concerned ?

The cabinets are in very good shape. The color of this pair is black. The dust caps on the woofers have a few dents in them. The caps are made of a plastic and are easy to dent. This does not seem to effect the speakers performance. The actual woofer cones have no damage at all. These speakers present a clean, detailed, robust sound with excellent bass response. I have the original boxes so shipping is possible but may be expensive. The speakers weigh ~110lbs. each when packed.

KHorn blah blah blah. 9.gif2.gif Who loves ya.

Well, my take is this. If you get pics and can live with any damage that's been inflicted on them, I must say that the price is tough to beat. I paid $800.00 for 1 RF7 about a year ago.

Find out of there is anything audioably wrong with them. Do they perform as new?

Rick,

Thanks for the straight answer. I am waiting on the seller to get back with me. I put a request in for Pictures, and told him I wanted to listen to them, Before, I committed to purchasing them...............we shall see..................

----------------

On 5/19/2004 2:32:57 PM Bill H. wrote:

Jay,

I hear what your stating..........but in m00ns defense- he was completing his HT system, and needed only 1 RF 7 to round it out! So Ebay was his best choice!.................
6.gif

----------------

Actually, I purchased the 1 as my center channel from a local dealer. 1.gif

If the cabinets look good and the sound is right - I didn't see anything to indicate a problem. A dented dust cover should be no issue with sound.

DISCLAIMER - These are pretty poor pictures for seeing if there is any woofer damage, so I make no gaurantee on my opinion.

----------------

On 5/19/2004 12:58:02 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Well he is certainly wrong about one thing, they are NOT the flagship speaker that Klipsch offers. That position still belongs to the Klipschorn! ----------------

If you want to get technical the RF-7 is considered the Klipsch flagship speaker. It just so happens that they still manufacture their Heritage line if it is special ordered. That is not a flagship speaker.

The dings and dents in the caps look exactly like the loaners/floor models I have from a local store. I'm certain my ears are not quite as discriminating as some, but they sound perfectly fine to me. I have been quite thourough too, in my "testing" before I have to give them back, riding them like a rented mule with just about every kind of whack music and DVD in my repitoire at stupid volumes.

Used speakers will also be "broken in" which can be good or bad.

Just make sure you get a listen first.