Blue Man Group 5.1?

Having heard much about the DVD concert here and elsewhere, I bought "Blue Man Group - The Complex Rock Tour Live" on eBay. The auction listing didn't mention sound format, and I was too stupid to ask in advance. On some web sites (dvdplanet.com, hastings.com), the DVD is listed as 5.1. However, the box says only "surround." I don't want the disk if it is not 5.1, and I don't want to break the seal to find out what the format is.

I would appreciate someone who has the DVD letting me know if it is really 5.1 or 4.0. I have been burned this way before.

TIA.

Got it! Love it! And hopefully, you will too! Not all of the selections are in 5.1, but a fair amount of them are. The sound on this DVD is very good in my opinion. It's a very different sort of performance, and quite amusing at times. I hope you will enjoy it. I picked it up at a local record shop a couple of weeks ago on sale for $11.99.

OK, you guys convinced me to try it, and it was really entertaining. However, it is just dolby surround (my Outlaw 950 processed a Dolby EX signal, but there was no dedicated bass track), with the exception of side B where there are 3 5.1 mainly-audio tracks (I guess roughly comparable to DVDA). On the concert side, I miss the .1 channel, but I am a bass hog.

There is a note on the case indicating a 5.1 version of the concert will be released in "early 2004," but I haven't seen anything so listed, which was part of my original confusion--every description I found that said the disk was 5.1 carried the same UPC as my non-5.1 disk.

Anyway, the disk was worth what I paid.

Thanks again for all the feedback. Gotta love this place!

Now, I'm sorry I started this! I have convinced myself that there is no current version of the whole concert that is 5.1 and/or DTS. Not even the group's web site (blueman.com) lists such a disk--there, the only DVDs are the 4.0 surround and the DVDA. Perhaps the 5.1 concert has been released and their site isn't updated.