Sony ES333 SACD Player For Sale

artto

5 disc changer with remote. Nothing wrong with it. I just don't need a changer. And I really want a SACD player with a volume control so I can bypass the preamp & go direct to the power amps. The ES333, ES555 & ES777 all have known issues with playback of CD-R & CD-RW. Most of the time, a simple 'reboot' (turn it off for 20-30 seconds) corrects this. Sometimes it doesn't.

The unit is in excellent condition & sounds great. Email me if you're interested.

not to hijack the thread,but...

i was playing some 2-channel SACDs sunday and was HAPPY to hear my RSW-15 participating!

i am not looking for commentary on 'should a sub be used w/full-range speakers' stuff2.gif ,as i said, i am happy it was working w/my KLF-30s on 2-ch. material...

what mistifies me is why?

to cover 'first suppositions' about the answer:

they were NOT 'hybrid' SACD/CDs, ONLY SACD discs.

the receiver was set to the '5.1' input which bypasses ANY internal receiver processing.

now one of two reasons i sold my old dvd/sacd changer was a lack of good bass management(my new one has +/- 10dB sub output adjustment,the older one was VERY limited).

the other reason is progressive scan.

i also had VERY poor sub output on multi-channel SACDs w/the older unit.

my current player is the sony dvpnc685v.

well??

t.i.a.

avman.

----------------

I have 2 555ES machines and 1 works with everything I put in it but the other doesn't seem to like CD-RW and some older CDs. Very strange.

----------------

I have a 13 year old Yamaha CDX-750 single disc player in my office that plays everything. That is a mystery also.

----------------

On 6/1/2004 12:31:20 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

----------------

I have 2 555ES machines and 1 works with everything I put in it but the other doesn't seem to like CD-RW and some older CDs. Very strange.

----------------

I have a 13 year old Yamaha CDX-750 single disc player in my office that plays everything. That is a mystery also.

----------------

The POS cd player in our Toyota Sienna plays EVERYTHING while the "high-end" BO$E system in my Acura is very picky. It's a mystery to me.4.gif

Is there a way to clean a unit to make it more CD friendly?

Asking $275 for Forum members/Forum member friends, plus S&H and any fees for things like PayPal. PayPal preferred. But will accept USPS money orders, cashiers check, or cash for local pickup. If you want to use an escrow account thats fine too. Otherwise it's going on to Ebay soon.

I'm not sure what all the differences are between the 333ES & the 555ES. I believe the main difference is the 555 has analog unbalanced RCA outputs for 5 channels of 5.1 surround sound. The 333 has only stereo analog unbalanced RCA outputs. On the 333 if you want to get 5.1 out of it you must use the digital outputs into a 5.1 surround sound A/V reciever.

You're absolutely right Gary. Actually, the 333 shares more components with the 777 than does the 555.

Also I've found a replacement SACD player that I'm the process of negotiating price/terms. As soon I get the new one, the 333 is going on to Ebay. Recent ones have sold quickly for $349 with "Buy It Now".

Kudret....did you send me an email, with nothing in the subject line from a hotmail address? If so, please send it again with something in the subject line so I know what it's about. The first one was already deleted before I saw your post.

I never open email from unknown sources, especially when there's nothing in the subject line to give me an indication who it's from.

Thanks! 2.gif