Anybody give up tube amps for vintage H/K receivers

Colin

----------------

On 6/7/2004 11:18:18 AM Guy Landau wrote:

----------------

On 6/7/2004 10:54:47 AM NOSValves wrote:

And your point is ?? He could buy 5 sets of VRD amps or 20 Scott amps for the price of what you use!

Stirring the pot..................

----------------

Not stirring anything. Get off my back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How exactly do you know what's the value of my system?

----------------

Quit sticking your foot in your mouth stirring the pot and I will indeed get off your back. You may think you are the last word in audio but............

plenty of SS sounds great on klipsch, as many here can attest to, the keys are to use very well implemented SS, quiet SS for example is important. monarchy, bel canto, levinson, krell, pass labs, parasound, marantz, mcintosh, the new PWM digital amps, to name a few, all make units that sound good with klipsch. I love my tube rig but have heard klipsch sound great with SS as well...tony

----------------

On 6/7/2004 11:46:29 AM sheltie dave wrote:

Pirhana, if it doesn't get put in the pile of ten essential items that get left behind, I'll bring an H/k 630, and we'll be at the luncheon on Saturday.

----------------

----------------

Dave,

That would be great. If it doens't happen, no big deal. Though it would be nice to see what all the fuss is about.

Sunnyguy, this thread is NOT about solid-state amplifiers, only vintage solid-state harmon/kardon receivers, but have you compared Krell amplifiers to new Cayin, ASL integrated tube amplifiers or vintage integrated tube amplifiers, refurbished by frequent Forum poster NOSvalues on big ole horns? 15.gif

----------------

On 6/6/2004 7:46:03 AM Colin wrote:

I am listening to a single powered harmon/kardon 330B receiver. It was free. It makes me think there is hope for solid-state with big ole horns. .

16.gif

----------------

I have actually been thinking that myself, that there is hope for an economical SS amp solution for Heritage. In a way, I'd hate to see it. That would make it too easy.

9.gif

It was a huge surprise to me to follow a thread on this forum about the quality of sub $100 CD/DVD players.

The killer SS amp will probably end up being some little digital rascal about the size of a Skoal can... hmmmm what will be the romance in that? No fireplace appeal. 8.gif