promedia sws

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is pretty cheap, and the quality questionable. I'm sure the true audiophiles are rolling their eyes at me, but even with the add-on sub at full volume the Klipsch sub is the first to distort at high volumes. Properly tuned, it adds a healthy dose of support in the 25-60 hz range.

• 2 weeks later...

Missed the delivery, was at work, so I had to drive to UPS and pick it up, not bad though since I got it in 1 day because it only had to come from Ohio to Michigan. So far so good, I'm happy with the sound I have now, compared to before when I had my Ultra sub crammed between a filing cabinet and my computer desk because of the lack of space in my small room. Now I've moved some things around and both subs are in areas where they have a little more room, and less things to vibrate and screw up the sound, like the damn filing cabinet. All in all, I'm happy with the new sub. I'll post a few pics later today when I get home. btw. How long is the "break in" time on a subwoofer?

Believe it or not both subs weigh about the same. They both weighed in at appox. 34lbs. I don't know how accurate that is, but it was consistantly weighing both at 34. This number may be a little off, but nevertheless they both were the same. Here is a pic of the comparison.

btw. how do you post pics within the post, withouth having to have everyone else click the attachment to view it?

post-15474-13819255880282_thumb.jpg

here is the front portion of my setup. notice the space between the filing cabinet and my desk (where the garbage can is). this was were my ultra sub used to be, but it rattled the cabinet way too much, but now that i put it under the desk it sounds like there's too much echo, or just plain boominess. i'm running out of places to try... i guess i'll just have to stick with this for now.

post-15474-13819255881902_thumb.jpg