Updated system pics

radiob

----------------

On 6/20/2004 1:02:44 AM jdm56 wrote:

Do you listen to the klipsch and the Paradigms at the same time, or do you switch between the two depending on mood, music or phase of the moon? Seriously, how do they compare?

----------------

Actually, those towers and sub are Paradigms. 2.gif

The paradigm is used for my theater, it is the reference set up with servo 15, studio 60s, ref center and adp dipole 450 surrounds. It is also listend to for real serious 2 channel playback. THey are hard to beat if you want very accurate playback (in there price range of $3200 For the 60s and sub)

It is a paradigm x 30 crossover for my sub. I do have the sub used in both systems (paradigm and Klipsch) both systems ar independent of each other. The chorus` are 12 feet apart. I am tring to find another servo 15 in rosenut finish to add to my collection, paradigm changed the look a little bit from my 2000 version to their ver.2. This is one bad a@@ sub. I would compare it to anything in its power range one the market. THe paradigm stuff is finished on all 6 sides with the most beautifull vaneers. Gold plated feet also.9.gif

I am a great Klipsch lover, I have had a set of 77 oak oil k-horns a set of 89 oak oil k-honrns 2 sets of chorus2`s both in oak oil and 2 different klipsch subs, back in 93-95 both big 15 inch 1500 subs, dont remember number. But anyway, Klipch has no speaker on the market that will soundstage and reproduce sound as accurate as paradigm studio 60 or 100 line of speakers.That dosent mean I likem more,Klipsch is live in your face. A wise audiophile once told me when I used to rock the house with my horns, "Rob, when the volume goes down the quality goes up" Dave Derda, sound advice, Indiana.10 years later, and I finally understand what he meant. The only thing in Paradigm reference money and size comparable would be b.w. nautalas line of speakers. For the money of a new set of K-Horns, check a used set of 801 or 802 or 803 b.w. nautalas, no one can compare.4.gif

Thanks for the pictures. Great looking setup. Are you suggesting 802's or 803's are better sounding/value than new Khorn's? I think the B&W range is very good within limits but ultimately I think they sound very hi-fi like. If I had a choice I would go for Paradigm Reference series every time over B&W. I owned the Studio series 20 for a while and was going to upgrade to the 100. After lots of listening I kept the 20's (Paradigm's best value) before going Klipsch all the way.

Youve never heard a set of Nautilus 801, check around before you compare a klipschorn to these, I have heard some very exotic speakers, mart.log.k-horns,dalaquist,hi end infinity,vmps super tower-r ribbon and a few others if I think a while. Go to b&w site and check out exactly what you are comparing to. Rob9.gif

No, I haven't heard the 801. But I did hear the new 800 Signature where B&W ditched the single 15 inch driver for two 12 inchers. I thought the sound was absolutely phenomenal but the speakers were driven by amplifiers that alone would cost more than my proposed combined Khorn, Audio Research amp, Rega P25 Stanton 681EEE system together. I still think the B&W sounded too much like hi-fi, and even 2nd hand cost way too much money.