Star Wars Trilogy +

dkp

FYI-the Star Wars trilogy is now available to pre-order. I found it on the BB website along w/a free R2-D2 extra for $45 (shipping included). I don't know when this became available, but thought many of you will be ordering it like me...

David

I can see it going either way:

On one hand, a lot of people aren't happy about only being able to get the special edition. Where does lucas get off chaning something that's been out for 20 years!

On the other hand, its freakin star wars, with real digital video and audio, minus the VHS tape hiss.

I'm not happy about the special edition, but like I said I won't return it if I get it as a gift either.

My buddy has the origionals on a THX remastered laserdisc that came out in the early '90s. I was thinking about running that into my computer and putting it on DVD. I can't imagaine it being much better of a copy than the ones you used to be able to get from d9dvd.com, but at least it's not the extended crap.

My wife ordered the set for me for Father's Day. I was hoping to have the option to select either the original series or the newest released material, but I can overlook the small amount of added material. I can't wait to see how this looks on my system!

David