WAKE UP PEOPLE ! ! !

Personally, I think a lot of this has to do with people sitting (hiding?) behind keyboards. I'd be willing to bet the same people, if placed in a room together, would not say the same things in person they do here. And if they did, it wouldn't be said with the same "harshness" that is expressed by their written words. I don't know about you guys, but I quite often read what I write before I send it. And if it's a response to some harsh words, I wait a whole day, then I re-read it before I send it. You'd be surprised how something written on one day that you think sounds ok, just sounds plain mean one day later.

The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

To me that's the toughest part about this communication medium - not being able to hear a voice inflection or see a facial expression or a person's body language. What's the rule? 20% direct communication and 80% non-spoken or something like that?? We're left with choice of words, punctuation, phrasiology (sp?) and "smilies" in order to get our message across. Which makes me wonder just how many times a thread has left the tracks not because the author intended an attack, but because it was written in a way to suggest such.

Tom

"Kids"...I don't know. It's more like the dogs got out of the kennel and went on a romp. Theyre not bad dogs; understand, just in need of a brief romp. Actually, I had a thread hijacked this week and although I tried several times to get it back, it just keeps going down the drain.

Here's a thought. A member that initiates a thread should monitor that thread and step in if it starts going down hill. The member could say, "cool it or take it off line". Some of us might be flexible and others may not tolerate even minor spats. If offenders continue, they could be reported to the moderators who have the "ultimate hammer". If we keep religion and politics out of our discussions, we should just about have such problems solved.

One more thing. Let us hear about your good experiences with other members. If youve had a bad experience with another member, go ahead and blast them for it but you ought to be specific. Hear say doesnt get it!

Hello:

For what it's worth, Daddy Dee, Dean, Craig, Ryan and others that I am ashamed to admit Have helped, worked with me and have been quite pleasant.

I have been in some flames or started them.

I will not let that happen again. There is too much knowledge to be gained, too much in the ability to share the Audio experience.

For all that have helped, including Amy, I thank you.

To all that have not shot a question or thought down without explanation, I also thank.

To those mentioned, the rest including lurkers, it would be nice to meet in person. I have gained knowledge and made friends with people I may never meet in person.

To all, including Klipsch, Amy, Trey, and Steve my best thoughts and a very important THANK YOU.

This is a thread long due.

Win dodger

----------------

On 6/17/2004 2:03:04 PM AK-4 wrote:

It's just a HOBBY for cry'in out loud. I think the flames are hilarious, and think people really need to put things in perspective.

----------------

Well said as long as we check our egos at the door.

----------------

On 6/17/2004 1:38:01 PM Tom Adams wrote:

"If we keep religion and politics out of our discussions, we should just about have such problems solved."

I'm praying that this happens. DOH!
6.gif

Tom

----------------

Tom,

Thank you. I have written my Senator, too.

----------------

On 6/17/2004 2:52:02 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 6/17/2004 1:38:01 PM Tom Adams wrote:

"If we keep religion and politics out of our discussions, we should just about have such problems solved."

I'm praying that this happens. DOH!
6.gif

Tom

----------------

Tom,

Thank you. I have written my Senator, too.

----------------

Sock it to 'em Fini.

BRAHAHAHAHAHA........9.gif

Sorry guys - inside joke.

Tom