Klipsch Cornwall I and Cornwall II

neo33

Other then more sensitivity and newer drivers, what else is in the Cornwall II that is not in the Cornwall I? Which sounds better?

I have the original Cornwalls. I haven't listen to the Cornwall II yet. Opinions and thoughts are all welcomed.

----------------

On 6/23/2004 7:28:05 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

----------------

On 6/23/2004 7:15:00 PM neo33 wrote:

Other then more sensitivity and newer drivers, what else is in the Cornwall II that is not in the Cornwall I?

----------------

an extra "I."
----------------

Foot, very well put. I have 73' verts & 75' horz. PWK said "not a dimes worth of difference".

BUT, consider that he was not into HT at the time and neither am I at this time...

Terry

I've owned both in recent years (with the early CW II's in service now), and I love the sound of the old CW's with SET. The imaging is spectacular, almost magical. The horizontal versions sound great as well, but not in the same league, IMHO.

Room has A LOT to do with it as well, but if it's an A/B comparo, I'll still take the early CWII's.

I've read on these forums the original Cornwalls (I) were a tad better sounding, although the first Cornwall IIs (which were the verticle horns that predate the ones just mentioned) sounded even better (smoother). The later Cornwall IIs from the '80s are a bit more efficient, but since I've never heard the IIs, I can't comment on their sound quality. In any event, I feel you wouldn't do too badly with any Cornwall...whether one is better than the other is strictly up to your ears, but I'm quite pleased with mine, especially when driven by tubes!

"We need to know which Cornwall II's you are asking about Neo -- the older vertical type, or the newer ones that Gary is referring to."

Of course the older verticals. They have the usual three rectangular "holes" in the front.

BTW, I am being offered a pair with the drivers in mint condition and the cabinets in good condition for $650. Is that a fair price?

"Yes, that is an outstanding deal."

So, should I grab them, like now?

Anyone that have listened to both the Cornwall Is and Cornwall II verticals please give me your opinions about the sound quality between the two. Thanks.