I Made A New Forum

T_Shomaker

I made a new forum for us to talk on a little bit more freely. I just don't like all of the rules on here sometimes and thought I would like a little bit more freedom. I know there are some other people would like some more freedom too so I thought I would try to do something about it. When you first go to the website there will be a couple pop ups the first few clicks. After the first few clicks normally there are no more popups. Maybe if some people join I could upgrade the software so there would be no popups or ads at all. I would like to invite everybody here to join and hopefully this forum works too. I will post here but like I said sometimes I just want a little more freedom.

Here is the link:

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/theaudioforum/index.cgi

Thanks,

Taylor1.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, pretty cool! Wow, I must say I'm more and more impressed by young people's internet skillz nowadays. You're what, 14, and you know how to create message boards? My sister is 16, and she knows how to design webpages. And I thought I was pretty slick with computers. I remember when I was in 8th grade science class, the teacher asked "who here has heard of email?" I was the only one who raised my hand. How times have changed.

Anyways, I just signed up. I just wanna ask though, since you are a relatively clear headed and polite fellow, is this new forum of yours really for people to talk more freely, or was it more of an attempt to create a board without trolls? Cause my interpretation of "freely" means swearing, talking however one pleases, and basically, a "lack" of a moderator, so to speak.

PS - I don't seem to be getting a new registration email...maybe my junk filter killed it...maybe you can PM me my password?

----------------

On 6/24/2004 3:06:52 PM nicholtl wrote:

Hey, pretty cool! Wow, I must say I'm more and more impressed by young people's internet skillz nowadays. You're what, 14, and you know how to create message boards? My sister is 16, and she knows how to design webpages. And I thought I was pretty slick with computers. I remember when I was in 8th grade science class, the teacher asked "who here has heard of email?" I was the only one who raised my hand. How times have changed.

Anyways, I just signed up. I just wanna ask though, since you are a relatively clear headed and polite fellow, is this new forum of yours really for people to talk more freely, or was it more of an attempt to create a board without trolls? Cause my interpretation of "freely" means swearing, talking however one pleases, and basically, a "lack" of a moderator, so to speak.

----------------

I will try to get rid of the trolls but still allow people to speak more freely. There will be no cursing or anything like that. I won't shut down threads because of politics and things like that. There will be moderation there but I hope that it won't be needed. Thank you for signing up I hope that this forum works. It really isn't that hard to make a forum I think anyone could do it if they know how to use a computer.

----------------

On 6/24/2004 11:41:20 PM dantfmly wrote:

thanks for making a new forum. i think i like the way the navigation on the website works better. thanks again

----------------

If I do eventually do the software upgrade it will make the loading of the site a lot faster. I'm suprised 100 people didn't sign up when I mentioned the possiblity of a raffle sometime. As of right now there are 7 members on the forum.

There's a major virus/hack attack taking place on the Internet right now. It's slowing a lot of sites. Make sure your virus definitions are updated... apparently if a site is successfully infected, it can then infect unprotected machines accessing the site.

• Klipsch Employees

The freedom of speech is a fine thingbut remember, when you go into a court house, place of business, someone elses house, ect..if what you say is not liked, you can and will be ask to leave (sometimes even removed). The same is true here.

THIS IS OUR FORUM, IF YOU DONT WANT TO PLAY BALL WITH US, TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME.

----------------

On 6/25/2004 11:49:47 PM Trey Cannon wrote:

but remember, when you go into a court house, place of business, someone else’s house, ect…..if what you say is not liked, you can and will be ask to leave (sometimes even removed). The same is true here.

----------------

Never thought about it from that angle. You're very right. Sorry, didn't mean to get so political.