I Made A New Forum

T_Shomaker

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know a bit more about the curse word thing before I join. Does every sentence have to have a curse word? Can you build up curse words? Like, if you have a post with 10 sentences and no curse words, can you then make another post with eleven curse words (10 from before, plus 1 for the new sentence)? Please get back to me soon, as I am itching to cut loose!

----------------

On 6/27/2004 8:51:25 PM fini wrote:

I want to know a bit more about the curse word thing before I join. Does every sentence
have to
have a curse word? Can you build up curse words? Like, if you have a post with 10 sentences and no curse words, can you then make another post with eleven curse words (10 from before, plus 1 for the new sentence)? Please get back to me soon, as I am itching to cut loose!

----------------

Curse words are optional and are not required. You can't build up curse words but there can be a member vote on that. I would like to keep most of the rules of the forum decided by the members.

T_Shomaker,

i just took a quick visit to the site, i think it was a good idea, but seems to be a kind of spruce goose.

i hate pop-ups and was bombarded by them when looking around. not for me, but maybe you will attract those here who want to troll/flame/politic.

good luck but i hate to say that they crowd that your forum is supposed to attract wants more of an audience than 25.2.gif

edit- also, not to be mean, but the constant "update" of membership is starting to get old quick. it looks like a cheap advertisement, if folks are going to join, they will, and if not, they won't appreciate seeing every 5th membership update being bumped up to the top of the general questions forum. just my opinion.

I'm trying to keep my forum up here so people can see it so we can get some more members. You can't really have a fun forum with 25 people so maybe I would like to get some more. I understand what you are saying Tankhokie and guess what you are right. I just don't want my forum to fail like many others have and will.15.gif

i know, i worked on making it sound nice, but that is as good as i could get it.

the initial few plugs for a new site was fine, but when i see the following:

6 members

7 members

9 members

10 members

17 members

20 members

25 members

that departs from being a "plug" and becomes irritating. the first announcement of his new forum was made on 24 JUN. since then (mostly due to the repeated membership update posts) it has topped the general questions list for over a week now.

i think the klipsch forum members have had time to see his site creation and don't need the constant updates. like i said, if folks are going to join, they would have already done so by now.

this was my attempt at a subtle suggestion that the usefulness of such constant updates is reaching the limit. just let this thread die by natural causes before fini comes and kills the thread 3.gif

seriously, plug the site in threads if they start turning hot as a place to divert the inappropriate posts...i think you would attract more members if you strike while the iron is hot...as this iron has been out of the fire for about a week now.

sorry i could only get this down to about 100 grit.

T_Shomaker,

we just crossed messages, but i would post your site in some of the hot topic threads that you can tell are building up steam and headed for the mods chopping block.

i think you are casting out the lure right, just in the wrong place. you'll get more bites if you cast the lure in a school of fish who are hungry for some more "relaxed" bait.

if that analogy makes any sense...14.gif

Yeah I see what you are sayin about how many times I have bumped this up. I didn't know it has been that long since it is summer break and right now I don't know what day of the week it is6.gif. I will do what you were saying about bringing it up when there is a flame war.

Thanks,

Taylor

P.S. I just checked the calendar on my computer and it says it is Thursday. Man this week went by really quick14.gif

I think it was a good idea for Taylor to create his forum. Whether or not it survives (which I hope it does!) is one thing, but in this past week or two, it was particularly necessary for several of the members here (myself included) to rant and curse and insult and go off at each other regarding issues prohibited here. Now that we've all calmed down somewhat, we are looking for new things to talk about haha