Comments on Klipsch with Parasound

NormanB

I will be upgrading from my low end AVR to seperates that consist of a Parasound HCA-855A amp and Outlaw Audio 950 pre/pro. I have RF-35's for my fronts and was wondering if anyone else here has a similar setup. If so, how does 2 channel music sound?

Thanks

Hmm, well...I don't own the Parasound Classic line but I own the Halo line, so in terms of sound quality I can't say much. All I can say is that the build quality of Parasound units are fantastic, and their customer service is in a class of it's own.

As noted below, I am using an Outlaw 950 with 3 Parasound 1000As. Your speakers are much newer and better than my 3.2s, but I really like the sound my system puts out, especially with HT. I don't listen to 2-channel much, but the occasional CD sounds good--I especially like the stereo 6 mode, which purists would surely disdain.

I am currently using the same amp till I get my tube amp returned from a rebuild . Its powering my cornwalls and sounds very nice. I was expecting it to be harsh but I think it sounds nice. The cornwalls handle the 85 watts each that the 855 parasound amp delivers nicely. I have the Cornwalls aimed about a foot outside my ears and that probably helps not having the horns shooting directly at my ears. As always dont take my word for it give your setup a listen and experiment with placement. Im sure youll find a sweet spot. I used to use seperate speakers for audio and video till I got my cornwalls now I got rid of my video speakers and went and bought a klipsch reference center and surrounds and use the cornwalls for audio and video. I was a little worried about having a big screen in between my speakers and my soundstage and imaging in 2 channel but so far it sounds nice. I saved a lot of room by eliminating all the extra speakers that I found inferior to my Cornwalls anyway.16.gif

I am using a Parasound HCA1500a with a pair of Heresy's for my bedroom system.

Sounds very good. I am using a Parasound Pre at the moment, but in the past I used the amp with a tube pre and was very happy.

I have a Denon AVR, but when I upgrade my system I am also leaning towards using Outlaw Pre/Pro and a Parasound 5 channel.

I think you will be happy with your combo.

Danny

I have a Parasound HCA-1205A coupled to my Klipsch RF-3s and Acurus ACT-3. I have no major complaints about the amp, it does its job nicely. I just have a little more hiss in the tweeter then i would like, its very low...but i can hear it. I can't be positive that it is from the amp, not pre/pro, but my guess is that it is from the amp. One of these days i'll get a dedicated 2-channel amp for my stereo listening pleasure.

-Dave

Well, it took a long time for tomorrow to come.2.gif At least from the point of posting my comments. I did my set-up as scheduled, but got lost in the music and movie world for awhile. I love the new sound I have coming from my 35's! The Parsound and Outlaw 950 pre/pro are a great mix with Klipsch. With 2 channel music the sound stage is at least 3-4 wider on each side of the speakers than before. With movies I am hearing sounds that I never herd before. This is a sweet set-up.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Enjoy the music!!!

• Like 1