FS - 1983 Heresy I's in Walnut Oil Finish

mbryant56

I bought these speakers a few weeks ago and have since decided that since I am still in college having cash in hand is more important than these speakers right now.

Here we go, figured I would offer them on here first before I went the ebay route. All my information came from customer support through Klipsch by me sending them the original consecutive serial numbers.

Serial Numbers: 155Y070 and 155Y071

Type: HWO

The condition of the speakers is nearly flawless, one of the speakers is missing the Klipsch badge off the grill (Part number for the logo is 070201 and $2.26 each) and also the store where I bought them had some junk on top of them and scratched the wood slightly. The backs and inside look as though they came straight from the factory.

I should have pictures up by late this afternoon. If anyone has any questions or wants some more information I would be happy to answer them. I am asking $400 plus shipping for the pair. Shipping will be done through the UPS Store and more than likely I will let them package and insure it beyond the initial $100 the include. I have been selling on ebay and you can check my feedback through them (fatmatt56).

Thanks, Matt

Matt, what the heck? You picked them up for a total song, have the entire summer to work, and you want to sell the set of speakers that will only get you one month's rent? These things will last you your entire life! If you need beer money, at least sell them to a friend for $200. Get a break, give a break.

Wish it was that simple... HAHA got a full class load and tuition and rent to pay.. I got plenty of vintage electronics to hold on to though, just these are worth a good bit more.. Beer money, not worth letting these go for $200 to buy beer, maybe if I was an alcoholic or something but not my cup of tea...

Sorry to have to let them go, but things got to be done.. As of right now the price is still $400.... Any questions feel free to ask.

No interest, just a lesson in life...the items of value are the ones worth holding on to in tough times. When you get to the good times, then you get rid of the cheap sheet, but wait - you have no good stuff left now either. UPS is hiring on night shift.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 8:16:04 PM sheltie dave wrote:

No interest, just a lesson in life...the items of value are the ones worth holding on to in tough times. When you get to the good times, then you get rid of the cheap sheet, but wait - you have no good stuff left now either. UPS is hiring on night shift.

----------------

What's the deal man????? Why the beef with me trying to sell something??? I got a good response from all of you when I posted up about buying them, and now this??? And a lesson in life, why do I need a lesson in life about the tough times when I am not going through any tough times, if that was the case then I wouldn't be spending money to buy them and also not spending the money for the cable internet and computer I am currently on.

So, basically if you don't mind, leave this thread alone and let it be for anyone that might have an interest and can put the vintage Heresy's to good use for now. I got to hear them and that is all I wanted, I am perfectly happy with what I have.

----------------

On 7/6/2004 9:34:25 PM mbryant56 wrote:

What's the deal man????? Why the beef with me trying to sell something??? I got a good response from all of you when I posted up about buying them, and now this??? And a lesson in life, why do I need a lesson in life about the tough times when I am not going through any tough times, if that was the case then I wouldn't be spending money to buy them and also not spending the money for the cable internet and computer I am currently on.

So, basically if you don't mind, leave this thread alone and let it be for anyone that might have an interest and can put the vintage Heresy's to good use for now. I got to hear them and that is all I wanted, I am perfectly happy with what I have.

----------------

With an attitude like that you might not sell them on here.

Neo, the hard time comes from the context of Matt's postings and timeline. To come on the board with a find is a happy occasion...and then the turnaround a week later, I'm selling these speakers for close to top dollar, because I need the cash. Hmmm, looks like he came on the forum to establish market value, and had LITTLE interest in ever retaining them.

I see nothing wrong with the kid trying to make rent or college payments with the Heresys - this is America - but I do sense the motive behind his coming into the forum as other than initially altruistic. Even as a broke college student, many sdtudents have a sense of all being in the same boat. I'm just pointing out the feeling I have that Matt is running a business, and the Heresys have descended the maw.

----------------

On 7/7/2004 6:35:12 AM sheltie dave wrote:

Neo, the hard time comes from the context of Matt's postings and timeline. To come on the board with a find is a happy occasion...and then the turnaround a week later, I'm selling these speakers for close to top dollar, because I need the cash. Hmmm, looks like he came on the forum to establish market value, and had LITTLE interest in ever retaining them.

I see nothing wrong with the kid trying to make rent or college payments with the Heresys - this is America - but I do sense the motive behind his coming into the forum as other than initially altruistic. Even as a broke college student, many sdtudents have a sense of all being in the same boat. I'm just pointing out the feeling I have that Matt is running a business, and the Heresys have descended the maw.

----------------

Do you not have problems with other forum members "running a business"? Why not point that out as well. Or is selling here applicable only to some?

Perhaps he did not like the sound of the speakers and therefore covets them materially less than you do. His asking price is his business, AFAIC, I can take them or leave them. You too.

Keith

----------------

On 7/7/2004 2:43:52 AM neo33 wrote:

"With an attitude like that you might not sell them on here."

I don't see any attitude problem with bryant other then some people trying to give him a hard time selling his own speakers.

----------------

I don't think that Dave was giving him a hard time.

"To come on the board with a find is a happy occasion...and then the turnaround a week later, I'm selling these speakers for close to top dollar, because I need the cash. Hmmm, looks like he came on the forum to establish market value, and had LITTLE interest in ever retaining them."

Isn't that what Capitalism is all about? Opportunity is the keyword. This country is great or what!

Neo, game theory has proven that symbiotic relationships are the most beneficial to all. Unfettered capitalism can disenfranchise those who may most be in need of goods and services.

Case in point - try to find a practicing neurosurgeon with an established practice in Illinois south of Sprinfield. There isn't one, due to extraordinary malpractice suits that end up ALL being tried in East St. Louis, home of multimillion dollar judgements.

Result? - unfettered capitalism has driven malpractice attorneys to Illinois, and their vast success has driven every neurosurgeon out of southern Illinois.

I majored in economics and marketing in college, so I can come up with lots of parallel, obscure, and directly related examples. We'll just agree to disagree here2.gif

"Unfettered capitalism can disenfranchise those who may most be in need of goods and services."

Capitalism is capitalism! No such thing as unfettered capitalism. And capitalisim wasn't designed to accommodate the needs of the weaks but rather to strengthen the position of the strongs. It is after all, survival of the fittest.

----------------

On 7/7/2004 1:43:38 PM garymd wrote:

Are these the $10 heresys we heard about a couple weeks ago?

----------------

Yes they are.

Someone said something in a previous post about me not liking the sound, don't get me wrong they sounded great, just not what I was looking for so I hooked the ones I had back up and like the sound better. Just cause I am getting rid of these doesn't mean I am not a Klipsch fan.

Also since apparently we have two marketing majors on here (including myself) I figured the internet would be a wonderful place to look for what the market is on these (whether it be on here or on ebay), it's free so why not....

If $400 sounds a little steep, someone feel free to shoot me an offer. I got one already, just a little low as of right now.