Back from Vacation

Well, we got home yesterday and the VTL ultimate Pre-amp that I was expecting to see waiting for me WASNT HERE! A check of my email found that the seller wanted me to pay for the pay pal fee even though he recommended that I use pay pal. Oh well, he is going to pay for the shipping so I can pick up the fee but the problem is now that I am back from vacation, HE is on vacation! ARRGGHH!! I talked to him by cell phone and he said that it would be mailed most likely on Monday. ARRGGHH! Another 5 days till then and then the usual 5 days shipping ...... TWO WEEKS AWAY!!

In other news, the 4th of July in Yosemite was great as usual. I demonstrated blacksmithing for 5 days and enjoyed every minute of it! We had no TV, radio, phones, nothing except for the truck stereo. After a week, the truck system started to sound good, until I came home and turned on the home system! MY GOSH what a difference, I fell in love with my system all over again! Now to wait for the new pre-amp to see how that is going to sound!

It is nice to go on vacation but is sure is nice to be home!!

July in Yosemite, WOW!

My favorite "find" story of all time involves an average Joe casual dumpster diver who saw a neighbor chucking some heavy old photo albums. Out of curiosity, he picked the albums out of the trash, looked at a few pics, saw some neat old cars at Yosemite back in the days of rock and board roads, so he kept 'em. Turns out the photos were the very first marketing campaign in the States for Fiat, and these cars were among the first that Fiat ever produced and then shipped over here. Fiat didn't even have *any* photos of the two makes extensively photographed at Yosemite, and ended up buying the two albums for over a million $$$$$. The guy said he pulled the albums because he liked the way Yosemite looked in its young, untrammelled days.

Sometimes the sun really shines on you, and Yosemite is one of our gems9.gif

Did Ansel like Hetchy Hetch even more?

----------------

On 7/9/2004 1:02:42 PM sheltie dave wrote:

Sometimes the sun really shines on you, and Yosemite is one of our gems
9.gif

Did Ansel like Hetchy Hetch even more?

----------------

Hetch Hetchy was more John Muir's fight than Ansel Adams favorite. I sure wish the powers that be could of come up with a better place to build a damn dam. Yosemite Valley is one of those places you really have to see to believe. I'm guessing the Hetch Hetchy Valley was also.

Chris

I just got home too. We went to Louisiana for a week. I'll be happy if I dont have to go again for a few years. It is soo humid there, like in the upper 90%, and in the 90s, not a good combonation. Glad to be home! And Im glad oyu had a safe trip home!