Question For the EAR

Gilbert

EAR:

I have a relatively new Velodyne 15" HGS II series powersub, and I've loved it; Till yesterday evening when it took a dump on me. Since it's less than 1yr. old, it's still under warranty and I'll be sending it back for repairs.

Anyway, I want to buy another powersub, and read your response about the Sunfire True Subwoofer EQ Signature. I read the spec's on their 12" True Sub, Signature Series, and it seems impressive enough. But 12", seems pretty wimpy. I'm willing to spend up to $3000 for a Power Sub, but want the best I can get for that money.

What's you recommendation?

I would get a Revel B15,twice the output of a Sunfire Signature(Sig EQ)at 31.5Hz! The Revel B15 uses no problematic servo control like the HGS series,a very tough sub.It retails for $3000 I am sure you can get one for less.

Or dual Sunfire Signature EQ units at around $3000,if you buy two I am sure they will make them around $3000,both.

I agree with the Ear's selections. I don't have much experience with the revel, but I do own a Signture.

My uncle however does have the Dual Signature setup, and let me tell you..it is just a sickening amount of bass. He managed a peak of 123db at 31.5hz, gave me a frickin head tumor.

Wow Bro, your Velo already crapped out on you! I have had my Velodyne F-1500R components sent back to Velodyne twice for Servo issues. They finally got it right and it is working awesomely, hell I bought a second F1500R and I am now running duals - got bass! Anyway what went wrong with it? What is it not doing? You may want to consider an SVS PB2+ or PB2 Ultra that you can have custom finished in veneer. If you have the balls the SVS B4+ is a monster, I think the B4+ in the $3K ballpark.

It is a pain in *** to send the Velo components back to CA trust me I have done it twice. Don't send the whole sub unless Dave Santos asks you to.

Well I tested two borrowed SVS Ultra(first revision,with the non TV12 woofers)powered by a Carver TFM-75 power amp,used the Paradigm X30 active crossover.

Dual Ultra subs driven with a mighty power amp(1000W RMS/channel Carver)deliver awe inspiring low end and can play LOUD with no stress,these are also very flat subs(a good thing).

I prefer small subs and the Revel B15,Paradigm Signature Servo fit my taste better.As I have a few stacked!And same with mythree RSWs...stacked!

So yes SVS compares very well with the BEST subs out there,dual SVS Ultra subs are about as mighty as one Revel B15 around 31.5Hz and easly best a B15 below 30Hz.

However most material(music and movies is above or around the magic 31.5Hz)and one B15 can pound out hellacious SPL with no trouble at all.

1.gif

me I love a monster foundation,I can really say my subsonic army can make you feel dizzy.Its power is nearly limitless for little human ears.14.gif