Ultimate Electronics

jdm56

This may come as a shock to some of the more worldly and sophisticated on this forum, but ol' "Ozark" JD just had his first Ultimate Electronics encounter today. We were up in KC, or as we simple country folk refer to it - "the city", today, and there it was, nestled right between a Circuit City and a Best Buy, so I just had to check it out. -Very Nice! Especially all the klipsch on display - no heritage, of course, though. 8.gif That RSW15 sub is a MONSTER! My knees got weak just from the sight of the beast. I also got to see the $20k Mitsubishi 82" rptv in action. I think I am gonna trade my minivan for it.9.gif (just kidding, dear.)

Bopped on over to BB to check out the SACD / DVD-A titles. Zzzzzzz. Same ones they had last time I shopped. Same high prices, too.14.gif Oh well, at least I had the whole display to myself (for about 30 minutes). Yup, those hi-rez discs that I nearly wet myself with anticipation over for a few years are just FLYIN' off the shelves! (shuah - as if)

We got my youngest's citizenship papers, so he can prove he's legal. (the ornery varmint will probably need'em some day!)

Finished up the day with supper at my favorite BBQ, Gates. YUM-YUM!

And to all - a pleasant good night!

Doug, you really hit a guy below the belt. Gates, and you didn't even call me

3.gif3.gif

Taylor has sold his Heresys, so no switch on getting the Oaks freed up. The ones on Ebay are not dog eared on the corners, so run hard!

It is nice when you are king of the showroom for a while!1.gif

Sorry Dave, what can I say? How about a feed at our local bbq joint if we happen to get together on the heresy's in time for your Arky road trip? Or is the chance of that getting slim?

Yeah, I'm keeping a close eye on those Las Vegas heresy II's. They look pretty clean.

dog eared: corners that aren't square any more; rounded off from too many close encounters with hard, heavy things.

Bar Bee Que. Now were talkin. Is it that sissy tomato based stuff they see in the more benighted parts of the States or some of that heavenly firecracker vinegar-based sauce they brew up in the more gastronomically astute environs of the country.

Oh look I just started a flame war with real chillies!