Cable recomendations for bottelhead/blueberry

radiob

What interconnect cables would you guys with similar setups to my blueberry, bottlehead 2a3, and of course my adcom GCD750 player. Please help, cables are very expensive, and dont want to screw up on this purchase. What do you think of the kimber silver streak? What is best for my combo? Thanks again for help, Rob

RK,

You've got a some very nice gear here with the BB and the Bottleheads. With the purchase of this gear, you have will be getting 99.5% of the possible good sound that can be produced with that gear. You could spend hundreds of dollars and be lucky if you could even hear the "difference" and then it may just be "different" and not necessarily better.

I'm of the school that thinks there's not much bang for the buck in high dollar cables. Trying some silver IC's in my system, the detail in the high end was nice, but found that the bass dropped off significantly. I wasn't sold at all.

Just went out and looked on Ebay, and did not find any Tributaries IC's up for auction today. These are nice all round IC's and are usually priced quite reasonably on Ebay. They are quite a bit more expensive at brick and mortar stores like Custom Audio, the Klipsch people in Little Rock. If you can find some of these on Ebay, they are nice, hand soldered IC's at less than you'd spend on Monster cables at Best Buy.

You can pick up some nice 14ga speaker wire at Radio Shack. I'd bet a dollar against a dime that you couldn't discern a difference between that and some of the big gauge and big dollar wire.

My best advice is to put your money into your music collection.

It is probably past due for a cable discussion.

I for one apreciate you stating only "interconnect" (patchcord). I see speaker cables as a totallly different subject.

What is the objective of a good interconnect?

Per Me

THe objective is to not color the signal, while prevneting EMI and RFI disruption of the signal.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I try many for $ 100 or less.

Radio Shack with integral ferrite cores for around $ 25.00 to the Audio Quest Coral for $ 100.

My opinion the integrity of the shield is more important than the purity of the copper.

The welding or crimping or soldering of the termination is more important than the termination.

You have to try in your system.

www.audioadvisor.com has a large selection of trialed (used) cables at a discount.

And their new cables have a 30 day money back policy.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I avoid the discusion of silver as a conductor unless your amp and pre are all silver wired internally.

I saw some nice looking cable kits on DIY cable (diycable.com) if you want to make them up yourself. I have never made them up myself, but I plan to try them sometime in the future. the ones on DIY cable look like they would be the best for the buck seeing there kits start at the price of the cheap monster cable, I have read some good things about DIY on the Bottlehead forum.2.gif