Final decision. Please put all your comments here

Room size: 11' X 12'. Space is limited

Prefrence: Looking for a speaker with clear, full highs and mids. Low end can be filled in with a sub. Love to listen to a bit of everything. Usually Alt. Rock, Weezer type stuff. But sometimes oldies or hip-hop.

Amplifier/Pre-Amp: Jolida 302B, 50 WPC.

Budget: Not over $800.

Thoughts at this point: Possibly Forte II's, Possibly Chorus II's if I can find a pair.....

What do you reccommend.....?

If I cant decide, I will buy Totem Rainmakers..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 7/13/2004 9:09:22 PM AintJoM0mma wrote:

SPACE LIMITED

----------------

So whats your point ?

I had lascalas in my bedroom when i lived at home ! that room was no bigger then what your describing .

How much room does a cornwall take up ? they are not as deep as a belle , lascala or khorn . Jam them against the wall and you'll fill that room with less then a handfull of watts.

Thats why there called a cornwall ( corner or wall )

If you are space limited Forte II Or CHorus II Will do you no good with passive raditors on the back, that means that you will have to have them some distance away from the wall. Buy something sealed like heresyII or front ported like the original chorus, or even the kg series. I loved the 5.5 i used to own.

if that is the case forte II would be best. Chorus II are pretty big and bulky. they are about the same size as the klf-30 turned side ways. and you alreay said that was to big. well the chorus II are about 6 inches shorter and 3 inches wider then the klf-30 is deep and about 2 inches deeper the the klf-30 is wide and 13 pounds lighter. so they are still big and bulky

If you actually already have the Jolida 302B with the nice EL34's, then go Heresy's. Very smooth dynamic sound and bass rolls off nicely to match with a Klipsch subwoofer. The KG series might be a little too bass prominent in your room. Totem's - I don't know. Not with the Jolida. If you like some punch in your music you'll be disappointed.

All of us here enjoy the klipsch we have, I have the chorus 2 and I also have a 4000$ paradigm setup, you guessed it the 1000$ chorus2s are hooked up,and always on. like the totum poles?, than go to a wigwam site, this is klipsch country son.10.gif

----------------

On 7/13/2004 10:22:05 PM AintJoM0mma wrote:

How do the KG 5.5's highs and mids compare to cornwalls or la scalas or fortes??

----------------

The Cornwalls have a more forward (in your face) midrange and the treble is a little harder sounding to me.

The KG 5.5's on the other hand seem to have a much more natural warmer midrange and a smoother treble (probably due to the tractrix horn).

Again, this is from my own experience. 2.gif