Final decision. Please put all your comments here

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to break it to ya but.........

Paradigm makes some fine loudspeakers.

In fact.....I don't think they have ever sold anything that lacked in quality.

Not only do they offer one of the most consistent linear responses going, they also make most all of their components "in house", which can't be said about too many major loudspeaker manufactures.

Regards,

John.

A medium sized 2-way bookshelf for a 1000 bucks a pair.

The Totem's look like a nice two-way, I bet they sound good.

You could glom on to a a pair of Chorus II's for under a thousand bucks, they would be more efficient if you want to use tube amps, same with Forte.

I would think the Chorus/Forte would sound bigger than the Totems, dunno.

You would have to hear these speakers, hearsay will get you nowhere.

----------------

On 7/13/2004 10:45:15 PM Audioreality wrote:

I hate to break it to ya but.........

Paradigm makes some fine loudspeakers.

In fact.....I don't think they have ever sold anything that lacked in quality.

Not only do they offer one of the most consistent linear responses going, they also make most all of their components "in house", which can't be said about too many major loudspeaker manufactures.

Regards,

John.

----------------

It's ok.... The "newbie" is just showing his true colors, like most of them do early-on. 14.gif

Today I played my Chorus II's/ Scott 222-C for the first time in months and from the first note my initial response was to back up. My room is 16W x 20 L x 9H and open along one wall. Your room is way too small for any of the Klipsch mentioned. A pair of KG 2.5's and a pretty good sub will work well in your small room.

Keith

If you hate Paradigm...cool.

I can dig it.

Just hope your hating them for the right reasons or else you may be heading down the neverending audio path with a closed mind, and that's not healthy.

I'll give you my 2 bits concerning your plight.

Go for the Forte2s, if you want mid-range articulation and accuracy.

Go for the Totems if your into the holographic imagery.

I have all the Klipsch speakers you've mentioned and have had them in my 12x15 living room at various points.

IMHO..the Forte 1s' and Chorus 2s sounded the best in that space.

Granted, my living room is treated acoustically so it assumes a larger size in that respect.

As it stands today, I have Khorns and RF7s in my living room along the 15' wall.

It sounds great, but can be a little forward on badly recorded or old material.

Regards,

John.

----------------

On 7/13/2004 11:06:58 PM Audioreality wrote:

I'll give you my 2 bits concerning your plight.

Go for the Forte2s, if you want mid-range articulation and accuracy.

Go for the Totems if your into the holographic imagery.

----------------

Wow thank you, finally. Can you comment on clarity with both (Just mids and highs)? And can you elaborate a little on "holographic imagery"?

As you know I want the one with the most power/clarity. Which would you get?

Hey, you asked for our recommendations, and we gave them to you. But I see you already know what you want, all the while slamming our suggestions. If you already made up your mind beforehand, than why pester us for help? If I had known earlier I was dealing with an "immature" 14 year old, then I would've suggested RadioShack speakers, because Bose is too good for you.

And how dare you diss Paradigm loudspeakers...many Klipsch owners also like Paradigm. You obviously never auditioned a pair of these fine Canadian loudspeakers under ideal conditions (proper components and room placement).

Don't waste your money on the Fortes...you won't like 'em. You're not open minded enough to appreciate them!

Good night...

I sometimes wonder about posts asking for advice.... but then when suggestions and advice is given... it is shot down with rude responses from the original poster. Do you, or don't you want people to post their impressions??? We are not 12 year olds on a chat room...

That said, have you had a chance to audition both speakers? I'm guessing that you haven't, seeing you are comparing two speakers with a VERY different sound, looking for the same characteristics?

Most on this forum will prefer the Klipsch, including myself. The Forte II, like many of the other heritage, excel well in the upper midrange. They will get quite loud without a lot of power.

I have not listened to the Rainmakers, but have auditioned the Mani-2 on Bryston SS and a Cambridge Audio integrated. The Totem need quite a bit of power to make them come alive... the Bryston did a better job than the Cambridge. Tubes are only an option if your music listening is all at low volumes, and your music isn't overly dynamic. On the recordings I heard, the Mani-2 excelled in the lower mid-range.

Good luck...

Rob

Thanks, with all this being said I think i'm going to go Klipsch.

Im just wondering, do the cornwall and chorus have marginally better/more powerful mids and highs or is there a noticable difference?

What about the RB-75 bookshelf. How are the highs/mids compared to that.

Thank you for all your help guys. Sorry if my comment seemed "rude". I dident mean any offense. Loosen up a little 3.gif

Now I just have to get Istari to answer me....heh..

Paradigm suck? That is sure some good advice here.15.gif I'm sure the same " audio professional " cups his hands over his mouth when you say "klipsch". An opinion is like a bad habit - everyone has one.

I have heard good and great Paradigm speakers, also totem, energy, sound dynamics, and jbl. They all have good points and bad points, but are all good in their respective design and price points. I have probably forgotten more than most experienced salesmen will ever know, but I still listen to their theories and ideas, good or bad.