"www.acousticsounddesign.com"

brianrb100

Does anyone know if acousticsounddesign.com is an authorized Klipsch dealer? I was interested in there package deal of the RF-35 system, but I'm not sure if I should buy from someone without making sure they're an authorized dealer. If they're not, would that effect warranty service in the future? All comments are appreciated!

Brian Bolam

Brian,

I one word: NO ! They are a group of companies that Klipsch took to court to stop selling - Grey Market products...... Go to an authorized dealer. You can find one by going up in this form to the upper left hand side, and searching using your zip code.

Good Luck!

and, if you buy things on yahoo shopping, you get a history of feedback of that "e store" so you can make a calculated risk on whether or not to buy from them. I have ordered 2 pairs of speakers, a center channel, and a subwoofer from www.acousticsounddesign.com and they've always given me great service, none of the products have ever been damaged, and they always ship on time.

----------------

On 7/19/2004 10:27:14 AM prodj101 wrote:

and, if you buy things on yahoo shopping, you get a history of feedback of that "e store" so you can make a calculated risk on whether or not to buy from them. I have ordered 2 pairs of speakers, a center channel, and a subwoofer from www.acousticsounddesign.com and they've always given me great service, none of the products have ever been damaged, and they always ship on time.

----------------

Good prices, no manufacturer warranty... If you're comfortable with that, go with it, but you can probably come close at your local Klipsch brick and mortar.

David

yeah but usually i see no e-store with 99% positive feedback ratings.. do you prodj?

i just checked acs.. only 7.5 on reseller ratings and only 4 positive reviews (albeit 100% positive, so it is a good start) on bizrate. i would still rather go with some guy who has over 100 positive reviews 99% positive.

I challange you to find an authorized dealer with 100% customer satisfaction pinipig...or find some way to discredit the countless unsatisfied customer complaints about ebay (I was one of the many who got the shaft buying from someone who looked to have a good record). Do that and your attitude might be warranted.

Ok, I thought I'd chim in here and give my 2 cents on this subject; Although I know many will not agree with me, and that's ok, we're all entitled to our opinions here.

To me this whole thing on manufacture warranties is way over rated, and I stress manufacture warranties. Not warranties as a whole.

If the manufacture makes a solid quality product, the odds are that warranty is never going to come into play. Now, with that said though, even the best companies in the world will still have a bad product slip through the production line from time to time. So I'm in no way saying that the manufactures warranty is worthless. It's just one of those things you've got to think about and take into consideration on weather or not you feel you need that security.

Now I can only speak for myself here, but I've been in this hobby for a long time, and only once did I ever get a bad product where the manufactures warranty came into play. Yeah, I've been lucky. None the less, I'd rather get the best deal I can verses paying more then I have too just to get the manufactures warranty.

The important thing as far as I'm concerned, is to buy from a reputable company. Weather they're an authorized or unauthorized dealer means nothing to me. If they're a reputable company, or I should say your better companies, will usually back the manufactures warranty themself, not through the manufacture, but the bottom line is you've still got protection.

I know of a few unauthorized dealers who back the manufacturers warranty themself, who have always stood behind their word and always came through for their customers who may or may not have had a problem with the product they bought. Everyone I know personally who has bought from these companies, has never had a problem and has bought with them for years.

Not all companies do this though, nor do all companies offer that, so yes, you'll want to check the company out and do some reseach on them.

When it comes to this hobby, everybody makes something that is over priced to some extent. I say look for the best prices you can find, worry not so much on weather they're authorized or unauthorized, but more so that they offer some sort of warranty to protect the products you purchased.

Sutter Cane

I bought my RC-7 from ASD and it arrived quickly and in perfect shape. They do remove the serial stickers from the back, but everything else is complete and brand new. I would order from them again.

For those who've said they'd trust any Ebay seller with a good reputation more than they would an unauthorized dealer like ASD... umm, okay.. :)

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=acousticsounddesign

I trust MOST dealers (though there are some definite ones to avoid out there).. But generally it's UPS and FedEx that I don't trust. :)